Chapter 3: Little Drummer Girl is Unhappy.

CHAPTER 3: LITTLE DRUMMER GIRL IS UNHAPPY.

~PENNY~

I couldn't see anything, just black as night. A night without stars or the moon. The smell was gross. The musky smell made me gag. But I needed to breathe so I had no choice to breathe in the horrible smell but soon after there was a sweet smell, like home cooking. It reminded me of home. I could hear someone talking; no wait two people, a man and a woman. My hands were tied behind my back and my feet were bounded together. Under me was soft like a bed, it was warm. I could also hear a television in the back ground.

I shivered as fear and panic still soaked my mind. My heart thumping hard and fast against my chest. I was cold still but my body was coated with sweat.

My mind raced as I could hear them talking, maybe in the next room. The words were accented, the man's voice sounded like a cow boy but the girl was from somewhere else. I couldn't believe I was taken. At first I thought it was my mom pulling up beside me but then someone grabbed me and pulled me in, closing the door quickly. They blinded me before I could see but we were on the road for a long time. I'm not sure how long but I remembering wanting to sleep. I had to sit on the floor, it was cold and hard. They also tapped my mouth closed. I didn't know what was going on so I was scared.

I jumped when I felt someone touch my knee. I wanted to scream but it was muffled. I tried to scramble away but when I heard a lady's voice hushing me.

"It's okay, darling." The lady's voice said softly. I stopped struggling and tried to calm myself down. Maybe if I do what they say, they won't hurt me. Before I knew it the blind fold was lifted from my face, the lights burned my eyes slightly, blurring my vision. A lady with long wavy blonde hair and bright blue eyes knelt down in front of me. She wasn't scary at all; I was expecting monsters with Zombie like faces. I winced slightly when she ripped the tap from my lips. I looked around to see a little girl's room. The pink paint covered the walls. Dolls and toys placed neatly around the room. I was right, I was sitting on a bed. My heart thumped faster as I saw a little boy, about my age standing in the door way with a tray. A tall red cup and a bowl that was steaming was on that tray. The lady smiled at the boy before motioning for him to come into the room. He nodded and did so. He hadshaggy darkblonde  hair and big brown eyes.

"Alexandru come meet our guest." The lady said softly, she stood up and leaned over to untie me. My wrists ached as the rope that bounded me was cut. I tried to sit still but my nerves told me to get out of there. I don't even know where I am. The boy smiled and sat down beside me, placing the tray between us.

"Here, I brought you some food. I thought you might be hungry." The boy said cupping the bowl of soup, he handed it to me. I watched it with a weery eye. The boy crooked a smile.

"Don't worry, it's safe." He reasured me. I nodded and took the bowl of soup. It smelt like nothing I've ever had. But I was hungry so I'm not passing up the oppertunity. I took a soupfull of steamy soup and winced as it was hot. The lady and now a man stood at the doorway smiling at us. The man had short dark brown hair and smouldering brown eyes like my Uncle Ray.

"What do you want to name her?" The man asked. The boy looked up at the man and smiled. Wait what?! What doesn't he want to name me? I already have a name. But if I speak up they might hurt me. I looked at the boy was maybe my age if not a little older. He smiled at me and stroked my cheek tenderly.

"Catalena." He spoke out. My heart thumped hard against my ribs as they wanted me to marry this boy. But I'm only eight and I just met this boy. Just because he's cute doesn't mean I want to marry him.....right away. I just had to do what they wanted me to do then maybe they'll let me go home. Hopefully.