Chapter 22: The Vacation Song.

CHAPTER 22: THE VACATION SONG. PART 1: GETTING THERE.

~NARRATOR!~

The family had driven from their little homes in Burbank, California to San Jose del Cabo, Mexico which is near the Gulf of California for summer vacation. Pennyy came with her band which she now fronted but she is a drummer in her friend's band. She has a little boyfriend, Misha Jackson. Kat thinks it's adorable but Frank thinks she's too young to date.

The family drove in five cars. All of which were vans. Kat, Frank, Holly and Matt went in one car with their kids so that is ten people in one van, then Sarah, Gee and Leah are in their Jeep with some of the bags. Then in the fifteen seating van there is Wren, Mikey, Cassidy, Brian, Ren and Zack and their kids. In a different van there is Johnny and Melissa and finally in the last van is Ray and Christa.

They decided that going to Mexico for a few weeks would be good since Ren's baby is due in January and Johnny and Melissa are getting married in November. So on the last day of school we picked the kids up fom school and headed out.

Kat being a laid back type of person thought this was the best thing ever. But while she was all calm and happy everyone else was worried for more reasons then I have fingers.

Gee, Frank, Mikey and Ray were going back into the studio for the last of the recording and finishing on their newest CD while Matt, Brian, Johnny and Zacky were going back to finish the last of the CD they started before Jimmy died. Everybody was under alot of pressure and they really needed this vacation.

While Frank drove the van with Matt at his side with a map in the back seat Holly played with Laura and Ella while Kayden was fast asleep along with Asher and Thomas. Penny had her nose in her song book, jotting down lyrics to a song. Kat leaned against the window and dreamily stared out it at the open road, she's always loved the open road. Holly smiled and leaned forward in her seat, peering over Penny's shoulder to see what she's writing.

"What are you writing?" Holly's voice sounded different to the usual roaring of the wheels on the pavement. Penny smiled and looked up and her Aunt, hiding the note book into her chest. Kat peered at them slightly. Penny blushed brightly and cleared her throat.

"Just a song I'm working on." Penny hid the lyrics from her family. Everybody wen back to their dreary, tired ways. While in the bigger van everybody swooned over the fact that Ren is having a baby, she was so excited to do this. She knew it was a baby girl and they already named her Luna. Wren and Cass chatted away while the three boys talked about sports and stuff. The kids were nearly asleep, they all were rather warm even with the air conditioning. Johnny and Melissa talked about lots of things like music while Sarah and Gee remained silent with Leah dead sleeping in the back seat. Ray and Christa were talking about what this vacation will hold.