Chapter 20: Far From Home.

CHAPTER 20: FAR FROM HOME.

~KAT~

My heart was empty with remorse and pain. My stomach ached as pain flowed from my eyes. The only thing I could feel was the shaking of my body as we called everyone to see if they knew where our daughter was. The Police were here, this was a fermilure scene. I hated not knowing where my child was. Her room was normal but some cloths were missing. Her window was wide open and she was missing. My little girl had run away from home. She was too far to be found and too sad to be happy. Frank was too sad to even think. He knew she loved him but he was scared of what might've happened. I was scared of what might happen. I was scared that he might leave me after this.

I held Asher and Thomas in my arms.  Thomas was already nine years old and Asher was six. This is insane my baby girl will be a preteen in June, Thomas will be ten next January and Asher will be seven this July. It feels like yesterday I found out I was going to have Penny. All these memories flooded my mind.I inhaled deeply and looked at the small boys with a forced smile. They looked back at me with those big olive eyes.

"Did I ever tell you the story of a girl and boy who loved each other very much but the girl was scared of losing the boy?" I asked softly. They both shook their heads. I smiled widely as I started to tell them the story of my life.

Lunch with my five best friends is the best thing; now that we’re all in high school we can actually go out and talk for as long as we want. We all have a spare on a Friday after lunch. I drove since I was the oldest of the group. And since I was the only one with a car. But never mind that. I sat around the cafe table happily laughing at the words that my friends spoke. The warming autumn air rayed in through the glass window. I sat in a white Beatles tee shirt and black half vest over top.  My red skinny jeans led down to the black converse that were tied tightly on me. Sarah sat beside me happily chewing the straw she used to stir her coffee. My body stiffened when I registered the words she spoke.

“I can’t wait to become a mother.” Sarah announced happily. I totally agreed with her on that. I too can’t wait to be a mom. While the other girls agreed as well. Wren’s eyes lit up at nothing, she was probably thinking of her boyfriend. They’ve been dating since the sixth grade. Her and that Mikey Way are getting rather close if you ask me. I need a snipper riffle when they go on a date, just to make sure there is no funny business going on. But it's not them I need to worry about. It's Sarah and Gee that I need to worry about. They've been dating since they were seven. Ray and Cassidy only recently began to see eachother. Holly and Aaron have been dating since early summer. I think it's nice that they have someone to love. Me on the other hand, I'm in a sorda stable relationship with the bad boy of the school. I hate to admit it but I'm head over heels in love with that boy. I hope he loves me too. The conversation went down hill from what we all agreed on. I was scared shitless by what was being spoken. It's not the words that scared me. It's knowing that it's gonna happen. 

"How 'bout this." Cassidy spoke with a Canadian accent. Her long wavy hair lingered down her back. Her blue eyes wide with an idea. Her idea caught the attention of our small group. 

"We all get pregnant at the same time and raise the babies together." I sighed a shaky breath and watched as Holly, Wren and Sarah thought about it for a few brief moments. I don't know what came over me, I mean I know I want to be a mom. But what if the man I love isn't in my life when I'm ready to be a mom? I need to have a reason for him to stay and a baby is perfect. I swung my hand into the middle of the table. My heart raced against my chest.

"I'm in." I announced. I was given the most in awe expressions I've ever seen. Cassidy put her hand on top of mine with a cute smile. I watched Wren roll her eyes and heav a deep breath. Her hand went on top of Cassidy's.