Chapter 21: Daddy By Choice.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!! I DO NOT HAVE A FATHER BUT I WISH ALL THE GOOD DADDIES OUT THERE A GOOD DAY. HERE IS A FATHER'S DAY UPDATE.

CHAPTER 21: DADDY BY CHOICE.

~OLIVER~

I pushed the door ajar with my hip, the large piece of wood cheeked loudly. I held the tray of breakfasty food in my hands while Eugine held Rory in his arms as we made our way into our parent's room. Two bumps in the bed made me confused, which one is Dad? I looked at Eugine and nodded as if our twin telepathy was queuing our reaction to this mystery.

"Happy father's day!" Eugine and I bellowed out loudly. The two bumps shot up, mom was looking at us with panic, her brown hair in a pony tail. Dad shot up as well forcing us to smile at him. He smiled at us as we made our way to his side of the bed. Eugine plopped Rory on the bed beside mom and climbed on. Eugine and I are identical twins so mom and dad have a hard time keeping track of which one is which.

I stood patiently at the side of the bed and watched as dad opened up his cards and presents that we made him in school.

Eugine and I are in different classes so we made him different things. Dad smiled as he opened my home made turtle and card. I paint a rock green then put googly eyes on it. I drew nice things on the card like a bass guitar since that’s what my dad plays. Mom looked at us with a raised eye brow.

“You guys made breakfast? Does that mean I get to clean up?” She asked sullenly. Eugine and I shook our heads; Rory even squealed and copied us. I felt proud that Eugine and I were able to make breakfast without leaving the mess for mom and get ourselves dressed for Sunday brunch with some of my mom’s friends.

“No, we cleaned up and got ready for brunch.” Eugine said running his fingers through his shaggy light brown hair which was gelled and combed neatly. I smiled smugly as I adjusted my bowtie. I wore almost the exact same thing as my brother. Black slacks or I like to wear jeans, a white button down top with black suspenders which are properly worn and a red bowtie. Usually for Sunday brunch I wear my dress shoes just to make the outfit nicer. Rory usually wears a nice tee shirt and jeans, just because he’s almost a year old.

I could tell mom was proud of Eugine and I for all the things we’ve been doing these past few months. They’ve been hard on all of us; some of us handled it with grace and dignity while others ran away from their problems. I’m not meaning to bang on my cousin but she didn’t have to run away, she chose too. She chose to scare all of us to death. She snuck out in the middle of the night and just left. Then she had the nerve to come back and cry about it. I don’t see why she doesn’t love her dad, he practically gave her life. She needs to start learning to be thankful for the things she has. She’s like me; she has two parents and two annoying little brothers. Eugine is younger than me by three minutes.  I love my little brothers and such but they can get annoying. I know she and Uncle Jimmy had a special bond and he dad hasn’t been around a lot but he’s trying his best to handle four kids, a music career which is demanding and he’s trying to make ends meet. I’d say he’s pretty damn motivated. I think Uncle Frank is the only one with four kids. Either way I’m proud of all of the guys here. I’m proud of my dad for everything he does.

~EUGINE~

“Dad, I’m proud of you. I know you may think I don’t know what’s going on but I do and I know that you left the band for a while to be with us and we appreciate it but you belong in that band. You need to stay in it no matter how bad things get. You’ve been apart of it since we were babies and it’s kinda like our family. Not the people in the band but the band itself. I hope you have a sweet father’s day, love Eugine.” Dad read the card I made him. He smiled at me with glassy eyes before hugging me tightly. I could tell he was proud of me which was a nice feeling. I’m always looking to please people. I suppose a kiss up but that’s the way I like it. I like living safely. I hate change and moving from Jersey made me sick even to think about it but mom and dad said it’d be easier on us. I don’t see how but apparently it is.