VIII

I sipped my tea and looked at Hermione.

"What?" She asked

"Oh, come on Hermione, I know you have something to tell me. What is it?" I asked raising an eyebrow. She sighed.

"Ok. So you know how Ginny was asking me for help so she could look prettier than you?" I nodded to show that I understood. "Well, I'm obviously not going to help her because of what she did, so I was thinking if we could carry out her idea, so that you look prettier than everybody. That will swipe that smirk off her face." She said. I grinned. I admit that it was a good idea.

"Ok, I'll do it!"

"Yes, I can't wait to get started. Ok, as you know that the ball doesn't start till 5 o clock, so meet me at mine and Ron's house at 2."

"What about Ron? I'm pretty sure that he won't want me at your house when he's trying to get ready."

"No, silly we are getting our hair done at 2, then going to the parlor to get our makeup and nails done and then we will go back to my house to put on our dresses and go to the ball as a 6-"

"6?" I asked.

"Yes I might ask Luna and her date to come. So Luna and her date, me and Ron and you and your date." She stated. I looked down as I started turning red. "Wait do you have a date?" I shook my head while looking up. Hermione's face showed sympathy. "What about Draco?"

I choked on my tea. "What? You really think Draco would ask me to the dance?" She nodded as if it was obvious.

"You guys are practically a couple. I mean, you hangout nearly 3 times a week."

"Yes, but also with you guys, besides Draco doesn't like me. Not in any way except a friend." Hermione smirked at me.

"Mmmhmm. Any way I got to go back to work. You coming?" She said standing up.

"No, I've got the afternoon off."

"Lucky."

***********************************************************************************************

It is 10pm and I'm on my way home from the restaurant. Oh yes, Hermione and Ron took me out for dinner. I decided to walk because it wasn't that far away and I wanted to feel the breeze on my face. As I slowly turned to my street, I saw a lit candle, which was floating in the air, pop up. Another popped up too. They carried on appearing as I walked towards my house. I turned to look behind me if the ones I went past were still there. They weren't.

I noticed that the candles went past my house, but instead of stopping, I carried on. It felt as if these candles were only for me. The candles led me to a big field were a little red picnic mat was laid out. I decided to sit on it. There was nobody around. Weird. Why did the candles lead me here? I looked up in the sky to see a massive firework. It said: Will you go to the Ball with me?

I covered my mouth with my hand. I was so happy and shocked. Who did this?

 "So will you?" I heard Draco ask behind me. I didn't even know he was here. I turned to look at him. I didn't say anything , I just gave him a big hug. I then whispered into hid ear. 

"Yes." I don't know how long we stayed in that position but I didn't want to let go.

This felt right.