Break-Up

Chapter Eleven - Break-Up

I needed to get out of the house, I discovered that my mum was in and I just wanted to be left alone for a little while. Her comforting words weren't what I needed nor wanted to here right now.

I went for a walk after changing into warmer clothes, grabbing my phone, iPod, purse and keys to take with me.

I was aimlessly wandering around for about an hour trying to figure out what I wanted to do about Zack. Today might have just been a bit of a bump in the road and he lashed out or was this it? Was he gonna be like this from now on. Carelessly lying to me on a daily basis, having a go at me when I don't do what he wants and telling me that I can't hang out with other guys.

It feels like I'm some sort of possession or toy of his that he feels like he can play with any time he wants. Or that he can just forget about sometimes when he wants to. I don't think that I can be with someone like that.

After I had passed the same church three times, I decided that I needed to know where I was going next. I couldn't just pass round another ten times before I get bored and walk home. I wanted to be distracted and I wanted to be somewhere where I didn't feel like bawling my eyes out every five minutes.

I had my mind set on a place and made my way there. Granted, it was another hours walk there but I had to talk to someone without getting all upset and I knew that she doesn't go to my school.

I let the two big, white automatic doors open in front of me and went in search for the person I was looking for.

I went to the front desk first to ask for her. There was a middle aged woman sat behind the desk chewing her gum and looking bored as hell.

"Excuse me.." I squinted to see her name tag that she'd half hidden under her scarf that she wore. "Devon? Is it?" I asked her.

She lazily looked up from doing her nails to looking at me.

"Yeah, and? What's your point?" she rudely replied directly back to me.

"Yeah, is Georgia in today?" I smiled back at her but got no smile in return.

"And you are?" she chewed back.

"Excuse me?" I raised my eyebrows at her. she just stared at me and sighed.

"She don't work at the hospital on Mondays," I got as an answer.

"Thanks for your help," I muttered almost completely sarcastically. She just glared at me and then went back to doing her nails behind her desk.

I turned round to go and walk out when I saw a familiar figure stood by the vending machine in the waiting area. I casually strolled over to him and saw him deliberating on what to get.

"Personally I think milky way bar, nuts just don't agree with me," I startled him and he whipped his head round to look sown at me.

There wasn't much of a difference in height. He must be about six foot two and I'm only five foot eight in comparison.

"Thanks for the advice, I'll take it into consideration before I go and make the mistake of buying a bounty," he smirked back. He pressed a few buttons and out popped a Wispa bar of chocolate.

"Ooooh! King of chocolate! And where you going?" he turned to walk away from the seating area.

"Work, believe it or not that's why I'm here," he mumbled through the chocolate in his mouth.

"Oh yeah, and don't take any offence to this, but I need a distraction and you fit the bill," I explained to him.

"O-kayy?"