Gregg

Chapter Thirteen - Gregg

"Quiet students, I have an announcement to make," I heard from the tannoy as I was walking down to Geography class.

I don't really want to go. My head is pounding, Zack was being a douchè, I felt like Max was giving me mixed signals (even though he probably wasn't). And I have to come up with an idea for the carnival for business studies.

I thought about going back to my locker to exchange my books but figured that I didn't know if Zack and Max would still be there.

I actually now listened to the announcement over the speakers in the hall, it can't be that pointless and boring today.

"Due to bad food poisoning, Mr Head's Geography classes will be cancelled for the next week," the headteacher declared.

I did a little happy dance inside my head, if I did it the hallway randomly then I would get looked at funnily. And I really don't need that right now. At least I have a free lesson before going to another lesson of Drama.

I dared to turn back round to go to my locker to get my phone, I'd dropped it in there before slamming it shut to walk off. I hastily peered around the corner to where the metal boxes were to see a couple o people standing round chatting. No Max or Zack to be found.

I sighed gratefully at the sight and waltzed over to my box and thrust it open like I did before. I found my phone and flipped it open to see no new messages or missed phone calls. I was kinda glad at that too, no teen dramas to sort out with so soon.

"Danielle!! Dee!" someone shouted towards me as I heard running footsteps to go with the voice.

I looked up to see Haliee coming towards me with her hand covering over the speaker of her phone. She looked slightly desperate as well might I add.

"What's up Hal?" I asked leaning against my locker whilst cocking my hip to the side slightly.

"Well you know that guy, the one who wouldn't give up on asking me out?" I frowned at her response.

"Leggy greggy? Gregg!" she finished off. Ahhh! I remember Gregg now!

"And? What about him?" I replied.

"He's on the phone and wants to talk to me! Please can you talk to him for me Dee?" she held the phone out for me to take it.

I sighed and grabbed the phone out of her hand, readying myself to hear this guys voice.

"Hello?" I said through the speaker.

"Hi, who's this?" a unfamiliar voice said down the other end of the phone.

"I'm Danielle, and you are?" I responded dumbly.

"I'm Gregg, and where is Haliee?" he was getting a little impatient now.

"She ummm..." I looked to Haliee for a little help with and excuse. She just mouthed the word Canada to me. "She moved to Canada..?" I stuttered out.

"Canada? You don't sound sure," he said back.

I looked over to Haliee for another excuse to give him and she just waved her hand in front if her throat.

"Yeah, moved to Canada and then she, died?" I kept making these all sound like they were more like questions than statements. But he was buying them so I figured that I could keep going.

"Oh right, that a shame," he didn't sound too down about it to be brutally honest.

"Yep, so I'll be going now bye!" I chirped and went to press the end call button.