lowlife

Joey

I woke up, super happy. Today was the day I'm getting rid of the curse!

"Good morning, Joey." He said as he kissed me on the cheek. He kissed my cheek!

"Daniel, will we still be together after this?" I asked rubbing me eyes.

"Oh course. I love you and I don't care what your dad says. I would rather die having you know I love you." He replies blowing me a kiss.

"But, what if it doesnt work, and I turn into this thing and hate you." I ask.

"Because I know the real Joey will." He answers.

I than remember a song I listened to that I needed to sing to him. I plug the thing Lauren give to me in player.

"What are you doing?" He asks.

"🎶Old suitcase, clean getaway, I'm the one who takes the blame again. New day, but the same lines, I feel like a victim of the dollar sign. All these years, on my own, fight my fight all alone 'til you came, don't you know, don't you know. Baby you're the highlight of my lowlife. Take a shitty day a make it alright, yeah, alright. Oh in every circumstance, yeah, you make the difference. Baby you're the highlight of my lowlife, lowlife.🎶" I sing.

He then starts: "🎶This bad taste, these headaches. Wake up on thefloor again, ah, yeah. My torn dress, this failed test. Soon they will be erased. All these years on my own. Fight my fight all alone, 'Til you came, don't you know, don't you know🎶"

We then start singing together. "🎶Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife, Take a shitty day and make it alright, yeah, alright. Oh, in every circumstance. Yeah, you make the difference. Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife, lowlife.🎶."

I start, "🎶And I get so lonely, I can't make it on my own, And I need to call ya, Can you come to my chateau?🎶."

He finishes, "Take me in your arms and Hold me tight, yeah, pull me close, Whisper in my ear, All I want you to say is🎶." 

And we sing together again: "Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife, lowlife, hey. Take a shitty day and make it alright, yeah, alright. Oh, in every circumstance, Yeah, you make the difference. Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife, lowlife, Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife, hey. Take a shitty day and make it alright, yeah, alright. Oh, in every circumstance, Yeah, you make the difference. Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife, lowlife.🎶"

We looked like a couple of dorks dancing and singing. I feel like I've known Daniel for longer than when j actually met him.

"I'm gonna get some breakfast? Are you coming with?" I asked.

"Later, I'm going to take a shower. Tell Lauren and then I'll be down soon." He replies.

I left the room and see Lauren.

"Good morning Lauren." I say as I catch up with her in the hall.

"Hey, Joey. What were you doing?" She asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I heard something going on in your room. We you to-"

"Lauren! Ever heard of privacy?" She giggles. "And ew, No! Why would you think that?"

"I don't know... You just sounded really loud." She amswered with a smirk and a wink.

"Evil!" I yell at her. She just laughs. "How's Alex doing? Anything happen last night?" For some reason her eyes get big and she starts blushing.

"Why, why do you care?" She asks.

"Geez, I just wanted to know!" I reply. "Did You, did you two?"

"Let's get some breakfast! We have a big day ahead of us! And we need to go fast." She replies.

We then walk to the dinning room and see Tyler and Alex in there.

"Morning guys." I say.

"Hey Joey! Excited?" Tyler asks me.

"Yes! I will be normal!" I answer.

"Um, speaking of which..." Alex starts. "Your father, has been apparently searching for you for a year. We told him we didn't know where you were and that's probably how I got killed."

"Great. This has to be fast then." I reply.

"You don't have to go back. Live with us!" Lauren says.

"Why don't you live with me?" I ask.

"Cause we live in a better place." She answers with a laugh.

"Whatever." I say as I roll my eyes.

~~~~~~🕰~~~~~~

We finished eating and I was a little light headed for some reason.

"I'm gonna take a nap before we head out." I said to everyone.

"I'll wake you up about and hour before we leave." Meghan told me.

I walk my room and lay down and soon enough, fall asleep.