Chapter 2.

*Mia's POV

I walk into the car where Angel is looking pissed at me. "What the hell took you so long?"

"I-I don't want to talk about it," I shutter and stare out the car window.

"Let's just *breathes in* ... *breathes out* Let's just hurry up and get this over with."

"Mia..." Angel's ton softens as she might be aware what had happened before getting in to the car. I feel bad to being like this with Angel. Don't get me wrong she has never been actually inside of my house expect the front door. That first time at the front door explained a whole lot when we were starting to become the best of friends.

"Please. Just drop whatever conversation you want to have about what happened. I just don't want to talk it." Sighing, I hurry up and think about what I should say next to avoid this stupid sad feeling in the car. "Ugh. I just want to go shopping for that stupid party you're making me go to."

"Okay..." She sighs. "Anyway, have you seen Mia? Because the Mia I know wouldn't want to go shopping let-alone be 60% interested in going to a party!" She giggles. And so do I. The feeling is weird, but in a good way. "See! You're laughing! This is strange coming for you, but in a good way," she assures. I roll my eyes to point out my expression from her comment.

Four songs later, we ended up driving to the closes and affordable Mall. I did bring some loose change just incase Angel doesn't have enough for both of our outfits. I really hope she doesn't make me look too hoe-ish. Just enough to look decent and have a good time dancing or whatever real-life people do at parties; I read too many books to discover what might go down.

 In the parking lot we decided to finish listening to, "Whistling Your Name by Cadence Kid"

"Keep whistling your name, whistling your name 'on and on' Keep whistling your name, Keep whistling your name. Whistling your name 'like a song' "  We both sing in unison.

"Girl! That was amazing! Especially you! Like I didn't know that you can sing that good!" Angel says in surprised.

I chuckle at her comment. "Thanks, but I don't sound that amazing."My mother always did. 

"Yes, you do and don't hide it from yourself or the world." Angel's words of encouragement make me happy. I may not be able to pay for college, but maybe if I try to sing more often than I usually do, then I can make some decent amounts of money to pay for college.

Checking her surroundings, Angel shuts the car's engine off and walk towards the mall. We do plan on visiting other clothing stores in the mall, but I force Angel to shop in JC Penny's; since they are less expensive. Once we head inside the store, Angel grabs my wrist and starts running towards the dress section.

Angel picked out a dress that is a light dark blue-I guess you can call it- with small flowers that are pink, white, and blue. The dress itself stopped at the bottom of her butt. No strap/sleeves on her shoulders the only sleeves were from the top of her arms to her elbows. Last thing she got was a peachy skin tone color set of heels.

I found a dress that was black lace. Did I say "I?" I mean Angel, found the dress. In fact, I was going to get her dress till she remembered she had a certain someone who didn't want the other boys to stare at her all night. 

The laced dress covers my chest bone. It's continues with the lace style down towards my butt just a little bit more inches down to my knees. Luckily, the dress covers up my arms and shoulders because I don't want any perverts trying to take my dress off before I get the chance to slap them upside the head. For the shoes, Angel decided to grab black high heels have that  shoelace style on them, and they match the laced dress. 

Angel pays for both of our dresses and shoes. I did hand Angel my loose change to help pay for a little bit of outfit and shoes, but she kept declining and telling me for the fifth time in the store.

After shopping at Penny's, we got Pretzels as a snack since we planned on having pizza at the party for dinner. I threw my pretzel away in the trash while Angel was still eating hers. "Hey, it's 5:48 we should better get back to your place if you want me to do your hair," I say to Angel.

"Alright, alright. I'm almost done." Angel took at least 5 minutes to finish her pretzel because of her teasing me at my comment earlier in the car slightly interested in the party.  Maybe this will be good for me? I want to get away from the "parents" and enjoy life. Ughhhh. Angel is getting into my head. 

-----------------------------
It would be amazing to vote this story ;)
hint hint xoxo