Chapter 1

The room was freezing, big and empty. It was completely silent except for the soft creaking noise of old rusty pipes. The smell was appalling. The smell of metal, rust and... something else, but it was hard to place. Even though the stank was metallic, it wasn't. It was the smell of blood.

Kyungsoo squinted his eyes, but it was still too dark to see anything further than the few metal pipes closest to him. He could only smell. He had forgotten how long he had been there. He had gotten used to the gnawing hunger. He had gotten used to the smell of metal. But the smell of blood... that was new. Something had changed.

In all the time he was here nothing else had changed. He had woken up one day cuffed to a pipe on the wall. It had been like that for God knows how long. The only thing that ever changed was the fact that almost every time he woke up, there was a fresh bottle of water next to him. Because of this, he had concluded that whoever put him here didn't have the intention of killing him, however, he had no idea what the person did want from him. Or even if it was a person?

He couldn't get over the smell. It had been there ever since he had woken up. Maybe there was someone else there? "Hehh-" he tried to say something, but only a soft croaking sound came out. When at first he found himself imprisoned he had screamed constantly, but it didn't work, so he hadn't spoken a word for a long time and now his voice was a mere reflection of its old self.

"Hello?" He said hoarsely. No answer. There was probably no one. There hadn't been before so why would there be anyone now?

Then the dripping started.

Drip... drip... drip... drip... the sound of a liquid dripping on the floor. It went on. Drip... drip... Kyungsoo looked around anxiously. There had never been any sounds except the soft creaking of the pipes and his own voice.

After he had gotten over the initial shock, he noticed that at the same time of every drip, a single footstep sounded. Drip step... drip step... The sound came closer and closer as Kyungsoo's heartbeat became more rapid.

His breath caught in his throat for a moment as the humming started, a sickly sweet and beautiful male voice started humming really slowly. Kyungsoo recognized the melody, but he was too scared to consider it. He was just sitting there, motionless, hoping he wasn't going to die.

It sounded as if the man was about 60 foot away when he started singing.

"Drip drip drop... little April shower." He sang sickeningly sweet. "Beating a tune as you fall all around."

The dripping continued as the man came closer. Kyungsoo still couldn't see him, but he heard the footsteps, as well as the voice, advancing.

The singing went on, "drip drip drop, little April shower." There was a horrendously loud creaking noise as if an old rusty door was opening. Kyungsoo could now see a dark silhouette. He had never been as petrified as in that moment. The man continued softly, "what can compare to your beautiful sound."

The smell of blood was now as strong as ever, and the man had now come close enough that Kyungsoo could see that the dripping sound came from his hands, a liquid was dripping off them. Blood was dripping off them.

The man was now merely 11 inches away. He crouched and brought his face closer to Kyungsoo. It was the most beautiful face he had ever seen. It was as if an angel had come down from the heavens and was now appearing before him, or was it a demon in disguise?

The man brought his left hand up to Kyungsoo's face and softly stroked him, leaving a trail of blood on his cheek. Then he smiled and spoke.

"Hello Soosoo, I'm Kai."