Chapter Twenty-Two

Nash's POV

Deja won't talk, she's just staring out the car window.  "Baby talk to me."

"No.  You're just gonna think the baby is his and you aren't gonna wanna be with me."  I hear her sniffle.  I place my hand on her thigh.

"I know that Kitten is mine, and like you said, even if Kitten isn't mine I would still be with you."  She turns around to me.  Her bottom lip is quivering. 

"Kitten is yours.  I know she is."  She leans over the center council and kisses my cheek.  I smile.  "I'm gonna get some sleep while you drive okay?"

"Okay baby, there's a sweatshirt in the back if you need a pillow.  And one of your Victoria's Secret blanket.  Let me know if the music is too loud or if the temperature is too hot or too cold."  She smiles and grabs the sweatshirt and blanket. 

"Thanks Nashypoo but everything is  perfect." She gets comfortable by slinging her feet into my lap.

"Sleep well baby, the traffic is thick so it may take awhile to get home."

"Sounds good sweetie-pie."

"I love you Deja Dallas."

"Haha.....I love you too Nash Grier."

Cameron's POV

"Damion why do you always have to fuck things up?  How did you even know my baby-sister was pregnant?"  I ask getting up in his face.

"Well you see Mr. I Think I'm A Tough Guy, your girlfriend texted me saying Deja was pregnant with my child and she texted me the address of this place and told me to show up." 

I turn around to Gale.  "Gale?  Is this true?"

"Babe just listen, I want what's best for Deja and I don't think Nash will make a good father."

"How could you do this to your own friend?!  To my sister?!  Do you even know what this fucking asshole did to her?!"  I feel the blood rush from my face.

"I'm going to home.  Gale,"  I pause and think about what I'm going to say, "find a way to your mother's house, I don't think anyone at my house wants you there."

"But babe!  Don't you want me there?!"  She stands up and puts her hands on my chest.

I step away from her, "No to be honest I don't want you there.  You completely ruined this night and you've upset my sister, and I have to protect my family."  I storm out of the restaurant with the guys following me.

"Cameron chill.  Remember the last time you were angry like this?  You and your dad had gotten into that fight."  Taylor says running to catch up. 

"Tay back the fuck up.  I'm going home to be with my sister who I just found out is legit pregnant and she may need her big fucking brother."

"Cam, she may need all of us.  We're all one family.  We're all her big brothers besides Hayes but you get what I'm saying.  We'll all be there for her no matter what."

"C'mon.  I'll drive in your pickup."  Carter says grabbing the keys from my hand.

"Okay, meet you guys back at the house."

Deja's POV

Trying to sleep in that is highly impossible so I just laid there with my eyes closed.  I listen to the music Nash is playing from his phone and it kinda surprises me.  You would think he listens to a lot of rap and sexual music but there's a lot of country and stuff in there too.

"Nash what song is this?"  I ask siting up.

"Well my wonderful babypoo, it's Friends in Low Places by George Straight."

"Wow, I've never heard this song before."

"You really need to listen to more than Lil Wayne and I Prevail, there's amazing country artists who sings these songs that you just relate to."

"Damn baby, you're getting deep."  I laugh and attempt to kiss him.  He leans his head away from me.  "Why you no want kisses?"  I pout sitting back in my seat.

"Seriously?  If you listened to my music you would understand."

"Fine, if it makes you happy, I'll listen to every song on your phone."

"Starting tomorrow?"

"Starting tomorrow baby."

Nash parks his car in front of our house.  We sit there in silence for a couple minutes before  Nash looks up at me.  His lips moving as if he's talking to himself. 

"Nash?  What's up?"  I look at him with concern.

"Deja.......I just I don't know why this is happening but I'm so glad it's happening with you.  I have thought about the day my girlfriend, or wife, would tell me she was pregnant.  I never thought it would happen when I was 19, or living in the same house as Cameron, or getting Cam's babysister pregnant but fuck it I love this life!"

"Nash, I never thought I'd be pregnant at 18, I especially never thought I'd be pregnant with your child.  I always thought this would happen with Damion but I'm so fucking happy it's not with him."

"Deja will you promise to be with me forever?"

"Yes."