Chapter 8: Dean

We went to school the next day. Everything had happened in the length of a couple of hours. The inspector came, saw the proof, prepared everything and we were in place in the hallways of our school.

-I cannot believe I am doing this.

That's all he said. I looked at him while he was walking, Jet by his side, towards his best friend. Jamie was with her boyfriend. I don't know if they were eating each other's face or actually kissing, but Jason definitely interrupted something.

-Look who's there..., said the guy while pushing away his girl.

-Go away, Alex. I just want to talk to Jamie.

-Or what? he asked.

-Ok, you two. We don't need a scene. Keep that for the races, Jamie remembered them while putting herself between the two of them.

-You know what, Jason? Alex started. I'll let you my girl for, let's stay, five minutes? What'd you think?

Jason didn't answer. Alex laughed before going away.

-Enjoy the Ferrari, Jason shouted at him.

The guy stopped. He slowly turned to Jason. Before I could react, Alex grabbed him by the neck and pushed him in the lockers.

-What did you just say?

-You heard me well, replied Jason, struggling to breathe.

- What did you say? he repeated, applying more pressure on Jason's throat.

I made a move, but Jason locked his eyes in mine. I froze. He turned back his attention to his aggressor.

-Come on....Push harder, Alex....Do what she couldn't do. .

Alex released him, shocked. Jamie looked at him worried.

-What d'you mean Jason?

-You are...hum..really asking? he replied, massaging his throat.

-You think I tried to kill you? realized Jamie. Are you fucking insane or what?

Ok, now it was her turn to attack him. She slapped him. He fell on the ground. Something was wrong. He was breathing heavily for someone who had only been slapped. I started walking towards them. Another look from Jason. Gosh, I shouldn't listen, but we agreed on it. Unless he asked me, I wasn't moving. Jason started laughing.

-What's funny, idiot? yelled Alex.

-You two just proved me you did it! I always knew you would try to get that car back. I do not get why you care so much about it; after all, she's just old, not even a classic! You should try the Blue Blood. At least she has something to give...

He fold in half as Alex's foot hit him in the stomach.

-Sorry, did I touch an old injury?

Oh and you know what? Fuck it Jason! I walked straight to them and grabbed Alex wrist as he was about to hit him again.

-What d'you want Newbie? Oh wait...You two? Really?...That's unexpected! said my new enemy. What are you for? Diversion?

-Diversion? I laughed. Never.

I suddenly turned his wrist. Alex let out a painful cry while falling on his knees. Jamie didn't even move. She was looking at Jason who had difficulty to get up.

-I tried to warn you about his plans.... by asking you to go out...

-If you call that a warning,.., replied Jason to her affirmation.