Chapter six

Why did I do that? Why would I just walk out of there like that?

I begin to walk up to a cliff and I just sit there admiring the view. The blue sky beautifully reflected the water at the bottom of the cliff.

I'm about to stand up, when I hear twigs snapping behind me. I quickly turn around, only to realise that it was just the boys.

"Hey y/n" they say in unison. I look up at them and notice that the girl from before was with them. There was also another boy I had not seen before.

I slightly smile at them and turn back around. The girl comes up next to me and says "hi, I'm Beverly. You must be y/n, am I correct?" I show a look of confusion.

"Nice to meet you Beverly. But if I may ask, how do you know me?" I ask her. She just laughs at my question.

"Bill has told me a lot about you" she says to me. I feel my face heat up and begin to blush. What is wrong with me?

All of a sudden, Beverly jumps off the cliff into the water. "Beverly!" I scream. I see her pop up from the water. Thank god she's alright.

Next, I hear the boys messing around and run off the edge too, all landing in the water. Now I'm the only one left up here.

"Come on y/n!" I can faintly hear their voices calling me down. I look down off the edge. That's a very long fall.

I back up. Do it for the losers. Do it for Bill. I think to myself. I walk backwards away from the cliff.

It's now or never.

I take a run up to the edge and dive off. I scream all the way down. Holy shit I'm gonna die!

I land in the water and swim back up to the surface. Everyone cheers and congratulates me. I have never done something like this before.

****

We are now messing around in the water. The rest of the losers are on each others shoulders, whilst I'm just splashing them with water.

Suddenly, I feel a hand wrap around my ankle and pull me under. I hear the screams of my friends. I try to escape, eventually kicking something.

I swim to the surface immediately gasping for air. "Ow, what was that for?" I hear a voice behind me. It was Richie. "Well you did pull me under the water idiot" I say.

The rest of the group laugh at us. "Hey it's not funny" I say. "He could have killed me!" I exclaim dramatically.

I decide to swim back to the dry land and just sit on the side. I lay down and look up at the beautiful blue sky.

"H-hey, y-you okay?" Bill comes up to me and asks. He looks down at me and smiles. "Yeah, I'm fine thanks" I say smiling back.

He comes to sit by me whispering something to himself. "Good" he says, not meaning for me to hear.

I must say, this is the most fun I have had in a long time.