10// Pain

Nate's POV:

I look at my phone right as I wake up and send Sierra a goodmorning message for her to wake up to.

Me: Good morning(: Hope you slept well and have a great day!

It's Sunday which usually means I have to go to church. I pull on jeans, a red V-neck shirt, and red converse. I figure my dad isn't going to come to church with me so I ask Sierra if she would like to come and she agrees.

I skip down the steps excited to see Sierra. As I step into the living room and see my dad laying on the couch knocked out. Too much to drink last night, as usual. I try not to be loud so I don't wake my dad. To late. I stub my toe and yelp. "Who that hell is that?!"

"It's just me dad."

"Come here!" I walk into the living room and see my dad is sitting up now. "Where the hell you goin'! You ain't goin' nowhere!"

"It's Sunday, I'm going to church with Sierra."

"No your not! Not today!" My dad shoots up from the couch, runs to me, and grabs my arm.

"Dad let me go." I say sternly. He's never touched me like this. His grip is firm. His hand feels could ask he squeezes my arm. "Dad. Your hurting me." He doesn't stop, "Please dad. I just want to go to church you can come with me." I feel his grip loosen then he lets go. But out of no where he hits me. Slaps me straight in the face. The burn fills my face. Tears fill my eyes. I think about what he just did. My own father hit me. I feel my phone buzz.

Sierra: When are you picking me up?

I look at my arm and already see a purple bruise of finger marks on my arm.

Me: I'm on my way.

Tears are still streaming down my face as I walk out to my car. I don't look my dad in the eyes as I walk past him. "Nathen! Nathen!!" My screams at me. I get into my car, start the engine, and speed away while my dad is still yelling at me. Every time I blink fresh tears stream down my cheeks. I don't know if its from the pain in my face and arm or that my dad would actually hit me and hurt me.

As I pull up to Sierra's house she is sitting on her porch chair. She doesn't notice I pull up so I take a minute to wipe the tears off my cheeks and put my jacket on so she can't see my bruise that already looks really bad. She finally looks up to see me and starts toward me with a smile from cheek to cheek.

I can't believe how lucky I am. I guy like me to have an amazing woman like Sierra. She's in a maxi dress that flows to her ankles. It shows off all her curves, and boy does she have good ones. I take a minute to admire her. I think I actually love her.

Sierra's POV:

As I open up Nate's car his face looks a little flushed. Immediately I worry. "Are you ok Nate?"

"What? Yeah! Totally fine." He scratches the back of his head. He's lying, I can tell. He always does that when he's lying. I decide to wait till after church to ask him.

*after church*

"Great service. Did you like it?" Nate asks me as he slips his hand into mine. "Yeah I loved it. Nate can I talk to you?" I pull him beside the sidewalk and take both his hands. "I know you were lying to me this morning about being fine. Why were you crying?"

"It nothing that needs to be discussed."

"Nathen. Please tell me." He lets go of my hands and takes off his jacket then grabs my hands again. Right away I see it. Five dark purple bruises wrapped around Nate's arms. I gasp. "Nate! Oh my goodness what happened...? Did someone hurt you?"

"My dad. He drank to much last night and just lost it this morning."

"Did he do anything else to you?"

"Slapped me in the face."

"Nate. You can't go back there. You need to tell someone about this."

"No, I can't tell anyone or he would hurt me even more."

"I'm not letting you stay there tonight though. Maybe my house?"

"Thank you. You're parents wouldn't let me stay there would they?"

"It'll be fine. Let's go pack you a bag."

Sure enough when we got to Nate's house his dad was already gone. "I'll just go in and you can wait in the car." "Ok Nate please come back soon."

Nate's POV:

When I walk up to my front door its unlocked and open. Of course dad wouldn't lock the door. I walk in and see a bunch of beer cans shattered on the counters and floor. I can't live like this anymore. I'm glad Sierra offered to let me stay at her place because I didn't want to stay another night here. I walk to my room grab a small suitcase and fill it with as much clothes. Before walking out to the car I decide to leave a note. Dad, I am staying at a friends house. -Nathen "Sierra do you think I could stay at your place for a little longer than one night? It's a mess in there with beer cans and I don't want to see my dad for a while." "Of course sweetie. I want you to be safe."

I drive straight to Sierra's house. When we walk in Sierra asks her parents if I can stay there for a while because there are problems at home. They said yes but have conditions. I have to sleep on the couch downstairs and the door has to be open when I am in there. Ugh, rules. Although I agree to follow them and say goodnight to her parents. "Thank you Sierra again for doing this for me. It kind of sucks we can't sleep together though." She blushed. "Yeah." "Will you come sit with me on the couch for a minute before you go up to your bed?" "Of course." I grab her hand. I sit down on the cough and signal for her to sit on my lap. "What is it?" She asks.

"Sierra we haven't been together for a very long time but I am very sure of what I am saying... I love you Sierra. I've never loved a girl like a have to you. Every time I see you butterflies fill my stomach and when you smile I can't compare anything to it. You, Sierra, are perfect to me and I never want to lose you." By then Sierra's eyes were watery and she answered me back, "Nate, I absolutely love you to." Thankful that she said it back I said goodnight then fell asleep with good thoughts. Not even the shooting rush of pain in my arm can take my mind off of Sierra.

Hello lovelies!! I'm so so so sorry for not updating in a while. I was grounded for a while and I've been working on this chapter for a while. I just don't know what to write sometimes. You can always inbox me with ideas. It would actually be a huge help, I would love it. I really hope you guys are loving my story so far. And thank you for 475 reads! I'll try to update soon. Please press the vote button right now since you have read this chapter. Thanks!