Amren

It was strange to be back here, in Terrasen. It had been so long and so much had changed. Aelin was not a little girl anymore, she had a family of her own now. I know that she cherishes them the way she wished she had been cherished as a child, with her family alive and well. Nothing is perfect, I learned that a long time ago. I know that Aelin has known that since she was eight years old. 

I never expected that she would come home and take her throne. I had hoped for it, but she was so broken I didn't believe that she would be able to bear the burden of the crown. When I lived here, so long ago the world was ruled by the Fae, two sisters. Mab and Mora, they were gods to the humans, and their souls were pure. 

It never ends well, innocent rulers. You need a small amount of evil in your blood to be able to sit on a throne and lead. When Maeve came and dug her way into royalty I was scared, and I don't get scared easily. The darkness had seeped into her very bones.

The Gods knew this and took every precaution they could. Fire always beats the darkness, you see. That's why they created Brannon of the Wildfire, compassion, bravery, strength, the true qualities of a ruler. His bloodline would save the world. Darkness would cower from the light. 

I had traveled across this world in search of answers. My family had once lived here and I had hoped to find them. But there was no trace of them and it is hard to open a portal to another world. So I went to Brannon and asked him to teach me how to use Wyrdmarks. It took a while to master but soon I could travel to and from Pyranthian to Erillea within minutes. I had kept up with the royal family of Terrasen. I met Aelin when she was young, I knew she was going to be powerful so I checked on her every few years to see how she was doing. I couldn't help when she lived in Adarlan without magic. So I watched.

This house that I am standing in proves that she is strong and powerful and loved by all. She is a hero, a savior, a god. Her children will grow to rule worlds. Fire and Ice, always enemies until they are brave enough to join and forge a better world. That's what she did. She made a better world for Fae and mortals alike. They lived in harmony. Neither better than the other. 

The green and silver colored house was magical, a true home. She had made a home for herself. 

"She seems... intense," Mor commented. They don't know Aelin, so they judge her on her outward appearance, not her true self. 

"She has gone through a lot in her life, she is scared to trust because many she has love have been taken from her. Her family, her friends. She is a good queen who protects her people so they never go through what they went through two hundred years ago again. Pain and suffering, that is what she knew for so long. It still haunts her. Do not be quick to judge, she will trust you in time." I reply. It's true, she will trust them in time. As long as they can trust her. 

"I am scared that she will say no, we need her to win this war. I don't care if she trusts me or not, as long as we get her help," Rhys says back. He is truly desperate. We all are. "If she doesn't help us, we are doomed. She must care about mortals, at least a bit"

A long pause before, "She does, she is demi-fae. Her people are mostly mortals, she cares for all but the evil. She will help us."

"How can you be so sure?" The first time Azriel has said anything since we got here. He has his right to be cautious. They don't know her, they don't trust her.

"I just know, if she is anything like her ancestors then she will help us." I know that they are listening to me, I say it with confidence.

"Tomorrow morning we will talk to her again. She will have thought about it, she will have weighed the possibilities. It will be worth it to her." 

"Tomorrow then," Feyre answers.

"Tomorrow," Rhys says. 

We are finished talking and I head to find a room to sleep. The first door I open seems to be a laundry room, the second door I open is a washroom, the third is what I have been looking for.  A large bed sits in the center decorated with green and silver to symbolize Terrasen.  A large window is across from the bed showing the Staghorns and the Oakwald forest. It is as beautiful as I remember. 

I remember that I must get up early, that is what Aelin is going to do. As I fall asleep I try to remember everything I know about her. Soon dreams fill my mind. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The morning comes too fast. It always comes too fast, I never want to get up. Terrasen has always felt welcoming to me. I always feel at home here, because I know that wherever I go, I will be treated as though it is my home. I slowly wake up, taking a bath before I dress. 

I hear voices in the kitchen, though I will not be eating the food it still smells good. Aelin sits on a stool while Rowan cooks. It seems he has been taking lessons, the last time I saw him he had no idea how to cook. 

"Good morning, Amren." The first nice words I have heard from Aelin since I got here. I know she has her reasons. though. 

"Good morning" I answer. "Have you had time to think about our offer?"

"I don't want to talk about in until the rest of your friends get here. I want to discuss" Aelin has always acted like this whenever she has to decide something life changing. And this is very life changing. 

Soon Rhys and Feyre, Mor, Cassian and Azriel come out, into the kitchen. They all look tired. 

"Shall we discuss?" 

"I have thought about your... offer. I don't want iron even near me. I want to know everything about this war, your allies, the enemy. Everything. This still is not a yes. This is a maybe. A if you can impress me."

"Okay. We will tell you everything you want to know."

Thank You for reading, 

Miss Galathynius.