Rhys

You know you're life is pathetic when you resort to reading your own fanfic and then are like.. where is the next chapter? And then you remember it doesn't exist because you haven't written it yet and then you get all sad. Well, I felt bad and I wanted more not just for you guys. The worlds and characters belong to the true queen of the fae Sarah J Maas. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               I knew the moment I shook the queens hand that I had to figure out a way to make her use her armies. Yes, they are powerful, but faebane might be in use and we don't know if it affects them or not, and we don't want more foot soldiers. Amren said that she had powerful armies, and our chance of winning would be much bigger. 

             I had made a powerful ally for now, who knows about the future? And if she helps us now, will we be expected to help her in the future? It doesn't matter at the moment as long as we have her on our side, fighting with us. Rowan finished making her food, as she ate she looked like she was gloating, like she was saying 'I have food and you don't'. 

             "I know you said you wouldn't, and I believe you probably meant it, but if you could reconsider the armies, even a fraction, you could save thousands of lives, and give us a better chance of winning. Yes, you two are powerful but the King has a way of blocking magic and we don't know if it works on you or not. And we don't want to take any chances. Do you understand that if we lose, humans will be slaves again? And not just normal slavery, to sadistic fae," Mor begged. Mor doesn't beg, she has never begged. This was a first and it hurt to see her do it. 

             Aelin looked at her lap and bit her lip. She looked like she was in deep thought. She made eye contact with Rowan for a few minutes before giving him a small nod. Is that good or bad? She closed her eyes and swallowed before looking at me and said, "Only a small portion, we can also ask Manon and see if she will get the witches to fight. I meant it when I said that I didn't want my people dying in another person's war. We aren't official allies and that could hurt us both in the end. We'll talk to Aedion and see what he think's is the right way to go," she looked at Rowan before speaking again. "Do you think Gavriel and Lorcan would be up to helping? I know Fenrys will be already, but do you think they will?"

                Rowan looked at us, then at his mate. "Yes, Lorcan loves killing people and Gavriel just wants Aedion to talk to him and if helping will get Aedion to acknowledge he exists."

                "Thank you, this will not be forgotten. You will be part of all the planning, so you know everything that is going on the moment we do. You can even come to the High Lord meeting with us. Anything you want." I said, I might regret saying those things later but at the moment I will say anything to get her to like us. 

                 "Did you know that when I was seventeen the King of Adarlan sent me to Endovier, a slave camp. I was there a year before I got out. I do know what slavery is like, and I swore to free all the slaves in the camps, and the slaves out of them. But when I was nineteen there was a rebellion in one of the camps and every slave in both camps were killed. Later when I was still nineteen I was taken by Maeve, a fae queen, who kept me in an iron box so my magic couldn't refill after I had been drained. She tortured me for a year before I was saved, the moment I got out I was fighting a war against demons. They wanted to kill everyone and take this world for themselves. A little over a thousand years ago my ancestors defeated them, but they couldn't kill them, only contain them. They left this war to me, knowing they would come back someday."

                I couldn't speak for a moment after she shared that with us. I opened my mouth to speak right before Mor started to speak, "Good, you know how slavery feels and that can help in the war. It can give you more motivation to help." They stared at each other for a minute. The looks weren't one of hatred, but rather respect. They both had been hurt when they were young and could not fully recover from the pain and loss they suffered.