Chapter 4

I got out of the Uber and walked up the driveway to our house. I was so relieved to be back in NYC with my family. I was half way up the driveway when the door to the house opened. It was Odell with Kai in his arms. As soon as I made it to the threshold he kissed my forehead and I kissed my son. He closed the door behind me and waited for me to sit my bags down to hold Kai. He passed me Kai.

"LaLa here?" I asked playing with the baby.

"Nah, I didn't have practice today."

"So have you missed me?" I chuckled.

"Too much."

"I'm tired. That trip got me groggy." I admitted.

"I hope you not too tired for tonight." He said raising his eyebrows.

"What's tonight?" I said blushing.

"You ain't think you was gone be gone for this long and have me waiting on that cooch."

I covered Kai's ears playfully.

"Imma beat it up and eat it up tonight. And thats on everything."

"Why not right now?"

"Oh. I'm ready when you ready."

I grabbed Kai and took him to his nursery real quick!

~*~

The next day I was in Finesse hanging up clothes with one of my employees, Essence. Business was a little slower today.

"Essence, go in the back and bring me that big box of hangers." I said to her.

"Okay." She said as she headed to the back.

I continued to hang up the clothing on the racks when I heard footsteps approach me. I turned around to see a girl approach me.

"Oh hey!" I said, I recognized her from two days ago when she applied.

"Hi, so what do you need me to do?"

"Well you can start refolding those clothes over there. But before you do that I got your name tag in the back."

I went into the back room and got her gold name tag that read

NIECEY