Chapter 13: "Broken Future"

Ayameko stood at the top of her tower, the wind whipping by. Storms were moving in on the horizon.. They rumbled toward Mitakihara, slowly.

"We've got storms moving in, Mikuni-san." Ayameko said, sitting down, throwing her legs over the edge of the building.

"Oh I know.. This is only the calm." Oriko replied, hovering over to Ayameko's side. "Walpurgisnacht is a few weeks away. Are you ready?" She asked.

Ayameko shrugged. "I'm ready for Walpurgisnacht, but there is still some thorns in my side that I need to take care of. Ring Huo and Tsukiumi Akane are no longer my only priorities." She said, scratching her head.

"Oh?" Oriko asked, tilting her head. "Who are the other priorities now?"

"There are three magical girls that need to be added to the list.. They're getting in my way and I want them disposed of. Mami Tomoe, Kyouko Sakura, and Asa Asano." Ayameko said, heartlessly. "I want them killed, because the longer they live, the harder it will be to get a grasp on my two runaways again. The Chi Triad will not be overcome by a group of ragtag magical girls."

"I wouldn't call them a group of ragtag girls, Miss Ichiko. The three you mentioned are actually very much skilled in their art- veterans if you would. They won't be easy prey." Oriko said, her eyes flashing lightly. "Believe me. I know."

"Then it will be a grand challenge."

"Not for you. But for me, yes." Oriko said, shaking her head.

"Huh?" Ayameko tilted her head.

"I do not want you fighting them. Believe it or not.. I sort of have issues with two out of the three you mentioned. I know Mami and Kyouko's tactics well, and it won't take long to dispatch them. As for Asa, I don't know her, but I will be able to predict her moves more than likely. I will take them down for you while you lure Ring and Tsukiumi into a trap. We will figure out the rest of the plan at that moment." Oriko explained.

"You come up with plans better than I can." Ayameko grunted. "I like that.. Alright then, Mikuni-san. I will let you get started immediately. Who's your first target?"

Oriko's eyes glowed for a moment, before returning to their normal color. "Mami Tomoe. She's the one that's currently accessable at the moment, Kyouko Sakura is in Asunaro right now."

"What? What business would Kyouko have in Asunaro?.. Miyumi!" Ayameko clapped her hands.

"Yes, Ichiko-san?" Miyumi appeared from the shadows. Her ability was truly strange.

"I need you to venture to Asunaro City as quickly as you can and spy on Kyouko Sakura. I don't know why she's in Asunaro, but she needs to be kept away from the Chi Tower.. There's too much information and resources there that she could tamper with."

"She won't even know i'm there." Miyumi smiled, before disappearing in the shadows.

"I will be off too. Take care of yourself, Ayameko." Oriko said, taking flight into the air, and disappearing into the stormy mist.

...

Rei was sprinting down the street from the school, now a woman on a mission. "Kyuubey!" She shouted, as the little creature appeared out of nowhere, now sprinting at Rei's side. "I need you to figure out where Asa is! I feel something is off!"

Kyuubey looked around. "I cannot sense her. She must be in a labyrinth right now."

"Well can you take me to that labyrinth?!" Rei said, her voice shaky.