Chapter 17: "The War Against Life"

The sound of a clock ticking began to resound over the city, as ribbons and streamers began to take flight. Colors filled the dark sky, when suddenly as if the ocean had solidified, whimsical creatures and carnival cars began to move across the sea toward Mitakihara. Elephants letting out a war cry, children giggling...

The clouds began to part, revealing a massive silhouette hovering throughout the sky, as everything became silent.

"... Wait for it..." Aria lowered down to one knee, waiting for Walpurgisnacht to inch closer to the city. "Wait for it..."

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Aria's proximity alarm began to go off. The witch had passed a boundary that Aria had put up.

"Now!" Aria shouted as she and Sanae let out an empowering war cry.

With an orange sparkle, Sanae summoned two whips and began darting toward the witch head on while Aria rolled to one side of the alley, raising her plasma rifle high.

"Charging!" Aria shouted as Sanae began to slingshot herself from building to building toward Walpurgisnacht.

"Feel my wrath, witch! Crimson Comet!" Sanae began to spin her body rapidly, turning into a fiery inferno as she struck against the chest of Walpurgisnacht.

A h a h a h a!!

"H-Huh?!" Sanae grunted. When the orange haze that blinded her disappeared, she could see that she was doing absolutely no damage to the witch. Maybe Aria will have better luck... She looked down at Aria. "Aria! Sh- Ough!!-" Sanae was interrupted as a purple silhouetted minion kicks her off of Walpurgisnacht, roughly.

"Sanae?!" Aria lowered her rifle to see her friend smashing into the side of an apartment complex, her orange whips falling down around the base of the building.

"Dimension A!" Aria grunted, throwing down a small device at her feet. A portal opens up beneath her. She falls into the ground as a bolt of fire strikes the pavement, cracking it in several places and scorching it.

...

The other side of the portal opens inside the hallway that Sanae had plummetted through. Aria hops out and sees Sanae struggling to her feet. She runs to her friend and helps her stand. "Sanae! What the hell just happened?!"

"Some purple bitch just kicked me in m'boobs!" Sanae growled, holding her chest.

"Do you think it was another magical girl?" Aria asked, confused by what she meant.

"No no no, it was a minion... But the minion was the size of me. That really hurt.." Sanae summoned her whips.

"Imagine how that would have felt without your soul gem blocking most of it," Aria said, as she looked at the giant hole in the wall, leading to the stormy outside. "Ready to get back out there?" She asked her friend.

"Tch... Obviously." Sanae grinned, as she and Aria jumped out of the hole, back into the city streets.