Chapter Thirteen

The image is King Virion Above

King Virion

   "Do you plan to explain why you thought it was wise to allow that bastard Orc access through my Region?" King Virion slammed his fist against the throne arm rest. He stood up swiftly. His black attire increasing the darkness in him he willingly possessed.

   A few of his council approached to the door, his Vyron House guards stopping their approach. Seized by anger King Virion used his abilities, slamming the door shut in the council's faced, with the curl of his fingers. He wanted the discussion to be between Lord Thad and him with interruption

. King Virion voice came out ever more so gritty and sharp. "You could have sent Raven to bring me this news. Not portal here."

   Lord Thad bowed his head. "Your Grace. I would not offend you with such a cowards way." He hated having to please his King like a submissive child. Capturing his pride, Lord Thad tucked it away for a later use. "He came in without permission. I could have killed him but that would provoked a war. I believed it to be better to keep our eyes on him this way."

King Virion considered pressing his index and thumb to chin. His eyes squinted at Lord Thad, inquisitive of his intentions. King Virion had not shared secrets of the hybrids lineage to anyone. It was not Lord Thad's place to know such knowledge. "All the half Orc desires is to fight?"

"That is what he says. Do I believe the vile and intrusive Orc? No." Lord Thad said, confidently. He wasn't inexperienced with liars. "I have eyes in all parts of your region. I will find out his reasons for being here."

"Lord Thad." King Virion stood astute, a grimace over his face. "Do not drop one eye off this orc."

Lord Thad nodded unswayed by his King stern warning. "I will not."

"If you are to see this orc in near future...be sure to leave the hybrid within villa or hidden further away," King Virion ordered.

Perhaps, there was much more to the hybrids importance than Lord Thad considered. He knew her to be a prize but King Virion's command led him to more questions. "She will be out of sight."

King Virion did not want to announce the hybrids existence to all until she competed in the tournament. There he would let his true intentions begin to unfold. "Unless there is more to share, I am through with further discussion."

"That is it." Lord Thad bowed his head walking backward to the door. It opened without his touch and he left with new suspicion of his Kings plans for the hybrid.

~

Saerena

   "Livei..." Saerena called to Livei catching her before she slipped into a place unable to reach. She moved swiftly through the hall to the end where stairs linked to Livei's path. There was a man; hyena standing beside her. His long hair was tucked back. The scars on his body gave image to the brutality he endured.

There was an echo that shimmered down the hall for eager ears to catch like thieves. "If you would give us moment to speak." Saerena smiled politely at the hyena who carried suspicion in his eyes.

He bowed head walking back to the doors that led to the outside. They were within the manor wall, probably here to speak to her father.

Saerena silky gown brushed the slick floors. She brushed her hand down its length, glancing at the corner of her eyes to the manor Guards. Anything she discussed in front of them would be reported back to her father.