/home sweet home/ chapter 4

1 Year later

I don't know wether I was looking forward to this moment or dreading it, moving....

I sit on the end of my bed and zip up my suitcase, making sure I packed everything I lift up the suit case  checking what I look like in the mirror fixing a few loose strands of hair from my bun and then I take my suitcase to the boot of my car slam it shut.
I place it down and make my way into what will now be my old house, I take a good look around and put on a sad smile. This had been my home for the last couple of years and moving out of it would probably be hard.

I was definitely going to miss this place, so many memories.

I sigh and hop into the driver seat of the car turning on the engine and making my way to L.A, hanging my old keys to the mirror in the car. There was a long trip ahead and I could feel the excitement already.

Lets just hope where ever I'm living next in LA is more exciting than here.

_______________

I walk out of the airport the smells were amazing but to be honest the view was amazing, to live here will be amazing. Sadly I didn't own my own house and had to get an apartment with someone. On the notice the person seemed pretty chill, had a good job with good money.

The apartment had two floors so I would hopefully I would take the upper floor. Anyway back to reality, I carry my bags and signal for a taxi to take me to apartment so I could drop off my bags cause man I swear I haven't had my daily coffee for the last two days and that was my main fuel.

The driver put my bags in the boot and then starts to drive to the apartment, once I got ito the apartment dropped off my bags, I didn't go into the apartment but put them in a room where they would be safe. I wanted to keep the apartment a surprise to myself so it would be much more spectacular.

I walk out the apartment place and walk down the street to explore and hopefully find a coffee shop or cafe. I find a little cafe that covered a corner of a street. It had windows all around and the place had been painted black. I walk inside to see the counter which ran all down one side of the shop it had cute little brown booths, wooden walls and there was bunched up flowers hanging from the roof near the counter.

I could tell this was going to be my favourite place to go, I kinda wished they had places like this back where I lived. I go to the counter and ask for a double choc latte, as I wait I look out the window. The only downside about this place is I literally know no one. once I grabbed the latte and headed back to the apartment.

Lucky for me they had an elevator so I didn't have to climb the stairs and I walk down the long hallway until I make it to the front door. I make it to the apartment and grab the key out of my pocket and unlock the door to my new apartment. I walk in to a large place with wooden floors and mostly white walls, with a few wooden ones here and there. In the middle is small fire place and behind it beautiful glass stairs leading to the second floor which I'm guessing is where the bedrooms and private vet bathrooms were hiding. Either side of me was small benches and shelfs which I was guess was the study/ office area, great place to do my art and edits on my computer. To the right of the stairs was the dining room/ kitchen and by the window was a small place for plants.

I could already see myself cooking there

To the left of the stairs was the lounge which looked quite masculine, with black couches and a grey rug, on the wall was also the tv which was huge and I could have heaps of movies marathons to.

Disturbing my thoughts is the slam of a door from upstairs, my heart starts to pound with excitement. The sound of foot steps comes down the stairs, excitement and anticipation fills me.I look to see a guy standing by the stairs looking at me. My eyes then focus on his face.

I swear I've seen that face before, somewhere.

I look at his facial expression and obviously he recognised me as well, probably better than I did.

" Scarlet?" The guy asks with surprise.

Then I clicked..

"JACK?" I say my breath hitching and heart pounding.

He was my room mate.......?
______________________

I loved writing this chapter, it was so exciting to write. I can't wait to release the next chapter to this, who knows what going to go down. Was it to obvious that she was going to his flatmte?

Also whats his new job, any ideas?

- em