Chapter 9 (You Pushed Me To The Edge)

I stood on Missaukee beach, the what used to be relaxing sand swarmed and covered my feet. Looking up from the almost white sand, I saw the shore lines, tiny waves cascading the luscious beach sand.

All the sudden, I was swooped up by my torso, and thrown onto heavy metal. There were walls of the same sort, and the sunlit top that was soon to be closed.

"Do what you want with her," Brianna said carelessly from above. I was in a full body safe.

A man stood over top, looking down at me carelessly as well. His eyes flickered with flames of excitement as he gave me a wicked smirk, and slammed the heavy door shut. I squealed in reaction, sounding like a helpless little girl.

I started pounding with my puny fists, kicking as well. It felt as though gravity was being lifted from the safe itself. At that, I started to panic. I screamed loud enough to leave my ears ringing.

Shortly later, it felt as though the safe had been thrown. I knew I was flying in the air, somehow. My body slammed upward into the safe by the gravitational pull. The safe went splat seconds later, into the lake.

Water started rushing through the cracks. I screamed, yelling for help, but it seemed I wasn't the only one.

I could hear screams of panic on shore, about thirty yards away. Brianna!

She and that man were killing people! I could hear things clashing, as though trying to run from the grasps of a demon.

I freaked shit then, pounding and screaming, using all forces to help those innocent lives being slaughtered by my sister.

Eventually, the safe filled with water, and I began to weaken. Everything started to drift into a blur, my lungs feeling as though ready to hemorrhage.

I laid in a pool of darkness, drifting farther into the cold depths everyone tried to escape.

Death.

After blacking out for God knows how long, a strong, burning sensation stabbed at my chest. Like fury, fiery and deadly. I stored energy for a moment, and threw every amount of strength I had at that door.

The door bursted off, flying out of the water, glimmering (from what I could see) in the sunlight. It fell aback into the water, quickly sinking as I swam to the surface.

I took a large inhale, gasping as though I could never get enough. Water sputtered from my mouth, forcing the oxygen in, where it should be.

I looked in the shore's direction, and felt the adrenaline drift away when the dread seeped in, as though there was no room for any other emotion. I never felt so guilty. Never witnessed something so tragic.

I couldn't help but to scream out and cry, as I stared in horror at the hundreds of bodies lined along the almost-white sand.

**********

"Who are you?" I sneered at the black cat, who had purposely tripped me.

"Blackie. And Brianna, is it?" The pathetic animal stepped towards me, as though she could harm me. "I'm top bitch," the cat stated, stepping slyly to my side, almost seductively.

I looked at the cat, and without thinking twice, took a swing with my foot as though she was a soccer ball. I envisioned her flying in the air, only for her to go splat into the wall, and me hearing the satisfaction of bones cracking.

Yet, the cat somehow formed in to an eight-foot sized monster feline. I stopped midway with my foot, taking the tramp in for the first time.