• tres •

"Magic always happens when you direct your inner powers to the object you want to change

"Magic always happens when you direct your inner powers to the object you want to change."

MONIFAH

The weather was cold. As, I stepped out of the party with Sydney. The cold wind blew directly into my face. Causing my eyes to water and my body to shiver.

"Damn, it's cold out here," Sydney crossed her arms tightly together.

It was like walking into a giant block of ice.

Sydney and I spotted Darius standing at the corner with three other guys.

Sydney squeezed onto my hand, dragging me over to Darius.

"What are you doing?" I whispered to her, only for her to ignore me.

Darius and his friends grew silent and just stared at us.

"Tha-That was a nice song that you sang in there." I mentally slapped myself for stuttering.

"Thank you, thank you," Darius smiled at me, his smile was so beautiful. "Everybody these are my friends, Monifah and Sydney."

He introduced us to his friends, having them wave at us.

"Maybe next week, we can go out and you can write something for me?" Darius looked at me.

"Maybe..." I shook my head in agreement. "But it will not be about sex."

"What's wrong with sex?" A man that looked to be in his mid 20's started to speak up.

"Um-there's nothing wrong with sex, but there are other topics to speak about other than just sex."

"Like what exactly?" Darius asked.

"Love," I answered, staring directly into his eyes. "But you probably wouldn't know anything about that."

"Well damn." His friend said covering up his mouth.

I turned around and walked away.

"Goodnight my brothers." I could hear Sydney say as she caught up with me.

"Goodnight," The guys said in sync, watching us walk away.

"You're feeling Darius?" Sydney asked, holding my hand. "I saw the little flirting going on between you too."

"He's not a bad looking guy, but you know the situation with Brandon. I think it would be way too fast for me to start catching feelings for another guy right now."

"If you feel like you have a connection with Darius, then go for it. If you just sit here and not do anything, then you will never know if there would've been something between you and Darius." Sydney explained, she was a very smart young lady who always had the right words to say. "Brandon doesn't deserve to keep you from being happy."

"We'll see..." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I mean it Monifah, don't let Brandon hold you back from being happy."

"I'm not, I'm not." I turned around, bringing her into a tight hug. "I love you, Syd."

"I love you too Monifah." Sydney smiled. "But you're squeezing me way too tight right now."

"I'm sorry." I let out a soft chuckle while releasing her from the hug.

"Do you want me to stay over tonight?" We finally approached Sydney's red and white convertible. "I don't think Marcus would mind if I stayed over tonight."

"Sydney you go home and be with your man." I placed my butt softly into the passenger's seat. "You've already done enough for me. I'll be fine, and plus I have to head out to work early in the morning anyways."

"Monifah don't forget what I told you and please let me know if you need a ride to work."

"I will not forget Syd, you've got a way with words. You know that right?" I asked. "And I will let you know."

"Girl, you know I try." Sydney pretended to pop her collar.

We just stared at each other, before bursting out into laughter. The connection we had was unbreakable. We will always have each others back, no matter what happens.

Sydney started up her car engine. Gripping tightly onto her steering wheel as she slowly pulled out of the parking lot. She kept her eyes glued to the road, ignoring everything else around her.

Life is like driving a car, stop and look around or you'll reach the end without enjoying the view.

Hello guys, thank you for reading my third chapter, the next chapter will be a continuation of this chapter. Please excuse any grammatical issues, I will be editing soon! I hope you guys continue to read this story and please leave feedback, because that would be highly appreciated.

Copyright © BLACKGODDESS__