• epilogue •

"What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life-to strength each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the la...

"What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life-to strength each other in all labor, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?"

the wedding day...

Today is the day of Monifah and Darius's wedding. The day they have been planning for since Darius proposed.

They put a lot of time and effort into their wedding, in hopes that it would go by smoothly and that they would love it.

"Are you nervous?" Sydney had asked Monifah as they stood in the dressing room, admiring Monifah in her beautiful wedding dress.

"I'm very nervous," Monifah said. "I don't think I can do this."

"Monifah don't say that," Sydney rubbed Monifah's shoulder. "You've been planning this day for so long."

"I know, I know," Monifah said. "But-"

"There are no 'buts'," Sydney placed a stray of hair behind Monifah's ear. "Today is your special day. You're going to take a deep breath, walk down that aisle and go get married to Darius."

Monifah took a deep breath. "I'm ready."

Monifah placed her hand on Sydney's arm as they proceeded out the dressing room.

Monifah watched as her bridesmaid walked down the aisle before her.

Darius stared at Monifah, he thought she was the most beautiful woman ever. Darius couldn't believe he was this lucky to marry someone like Monifah.

Everyone was standing up as Monifah walked down the aisle with Sydney.

Thomas was playing the piano.

Sydney gave Monifah a hug before taking a stand behind her.

"Please be seated," The pastor spoke, causing everyone to sit down.

Monifah and Darius joined hands, staring into each other eyes.

"Monifah, you've given me the clarity, the strength, and the wisdom to be a better man," Darius said.

"Darius, you make me happier than anyone ever has. I don't want to live life unless you're in it," Monifah smiled. "I love you."

"I love you."

Everyone smiled at Darius and Monifah.

"Monifah, Darius," The pastor placed his hand on top of Darius and Monifah's. "By the power invested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may salute your bride."

"Come on," Darius pulled Monifah into a passionate kiss.

"Ladies and gentlemen, friends and family, may I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Darius Knight."

Their friends and family clapped their hands, smiling at them as they held each other hands walking down the aisle.

"I'd like everybody's attention," Michael said through the microphone. "Thank you, thank you."

Everyone stopped what they were doing to stare at him.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to say one thing. I'd like to send a congratulations out to the bride and groom, the beautiful Mrs.Monifah. Darius, I'm proud of you, brother."

"Thanks, Mike," Darius smiled, shaking his head.

"You deserve this happiness. This time right here is a beautiful time for all of us to come together. And you know what happens when we all come together, we party." Michael smiled. "Now, I know, Darius, you didn't want me to do the Electric Slide. But I can do the Cupid Shuffle. Come on, Darius, let's do the Cupid Shuffle."

Everybody laughed, making their way to the dance floor.

Darius grabbed Monifah hand, leading her to the dance floor.

"All you ladies with tight shoes on, come on up out of them shoes. We saw 'em already." Michael said through the microphone. "One, Two, Three, Four, lets go!"

The music started playing and everybody started dancing, enjoying themselves.

Marriage is about becoming a team. Darius and Monifah is going to spend the rest of their lives learning about each other, and every now and then, things may blow up. But the beauty of marriage is that if you picked the right person and you both love each other, you'll always figure out a little way to get through it.

THE END...

Hello guys, thank you for reading the epilogue. I really appreciate everyone who checked out this book. I hope everyone enjoyed reading this book as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Please excuse any grammatical issues, I will be editing soon! Please leave feedback, because that would be highly appreciated.

Copyright © BLACKGODDESS__