• ocho •

"Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create

"Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create."

DARIUS

I was sitting on the couch next to Monifah, sipping champagne. Casually listening to everyone talk in the living room.

"So, the last time we were over here. No disrespect but the food was crazy," Rell stated.

"Aye, shut up with your annoying references to my wife's cooking," Will said.

"Don't you be talking about me, with your microwave cooking ass," Keisha came into the living, placing a cheese platter on the coffee table.

Everyone burst out into laughter.

"And then she is going to come out here with cheese," Rell joked.

"Appreciate it as it is," Will said.

"Let's get some music going on in here," Sydney stated. "Come on Thomas."

Thomas started playing the piano. Running his fingers lightly over the keys in legato play where the notes were smooth and connected.

Sydney got up from her seat and started dancing.

"Sydney, Sydney," I placed my hand over my mouth, trying to prevent myself from laughing.

Sydney started roughly shaking her body near Will and Rell as she started pulling her jacket off.

"That's enough, get out of here," Will pointed at her. "Keep fucking around with them spirits, getting everybody else up in here pregnant."

"Shit, she fucks around and gets us pregnant," Rell said, causing us to laugh.

Monifah was just laughing, showing off that precious smile of hers.

Sydney got up from her seat, snapping her fingers. "Put it on."

"No, keep it on," Rell laughed, referring to Sydney's jacket that hung off her shoulders. Before, turning his head away from Sydney.

"You scared?" Sydney asked, sipping her champagne.

"Scared of what?" Rell asked.

"God..."Sydney answered.

"I know Jesus," Rell stated.