XVIII

Inertia Louis
Once again, I woke up, put on my clothes and got dressed for office. Another man lay in my bed and I told the servants to get rid of him as soon as he woke up. It's becoming a habit. Ever Saturday and Sunday I bring a man home. It's a good way to get my mind off things. Especially Zach. Other nights sleeping pills work just fine.

"Why is the office closed?" I asked the guard on duty.

"Today is the party ma'am. Everyone has a holiday." The guard said surprised that I didn't know.

How could I forget? Today evening there is formal party for all the sponsors to meet up. Dammit how the heck did I manage to forget this? I drove back home and took out the whiskey from my cabinet. Poured myself a glass and drank for a while.

I haven't heard from Sky or Ren since the left the house. I tried calling her but seems like she's changed her number. Whatever who cares. I don't know when I fell asleep but when I woke up, there were only 2 hours left for the party. If I don't show up, Blake's going to have my head.

So I got dressed into a black cocktail dress that wasn't very revealing and reasonably elegant. Along with that I wore some heels and of course caked my face up with makeup to hide the tiredness in my eyes. Great. I grabbed my phone and went straight to the party. Many people came up and talked to me and for most of the time I was around Blake.

However, when I went to the bar to get myself some wine I spotted Zach at the Dane floor. Cassie was wrapped around him like a blanket and they were dancing. Anger surged through my body and jealousy exploded within me. I pressed the glass in my hand so hard that it crumbled into pieces hurting my hand significantly in the process.

A couple of people saw mea. I rushed to the roof not caring about my palm that was bleeding. The cold breeze at the top calmed me down. Why do I feel this? All he was is a one night stand. Then why do I feel like crushing everybody who lays a finger on him? Picking out the pieces of glass from my skin, I wiped the blood on a random cloth that lay on the floor. I have to go back to the party, the clients will know I'm missing.

"Where have you been?" Blake asked.

"Roof. Needed some fresh air." I said.

"Fuck. What happened to your hand?"

"Just a glass."

"It's still bleeding. Are you an idiot?"

He dragged me across the hall into a small supply room. Pulling out the first aid kit, be bandaged my hand. This man in front of me is by far the best man I've ever seen. There's something that makes him be so good to me he. I don't know what but sure as hell do want to know.

"Why do you clean up after me?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" He pretended.

"Blake, you cover up all my mistakes and you help me all the time and you tolerate all the crap I give you? Fucking hell I even dumped you. Then why do you do so much for me?" I asked.

"Remember when you dumped me Inertia? You said we're friends. I want to hold onto that." I hugged him.

I could feel the emotion. It was so long when I last felt something. This felt natural, it felt good. Slowly I pulled away and smiled at him. An actual genuine smile.

"You'll be at office tomorrow won't you?" Blake asked.

"I always come to office." I frowned.

"No, sober. I want you to come sober."

"Y---you knew?" I asked.

"You're a mess Inertia. Of course I knew. Even the staff is suspicious but I have been handling that. But just please be sober when you come in tomorrow. Promise me."

"I promise."

******************************"***********

A promise is a promise so the next day, I entered the office fully sober. Not a drop of alcohol existed in my system. Yesterday what Blake did for me really helped. I felt like working today. I thought maybe today would be different. So I sat in my cabin and went through tonnes of pending work.

However, realisation dawned on me. I found out that all my companies are slowly getting worse. Sales are declining every where. Only the joint venture I have with Blake is working but otherwise every other business is screwed. What had I done? I was so in denial that I ruined my life.

It took me years to settle this business empire and now was losing it all. How could I do this to myself. But I don't know how to get through this. I know my life's main motive was money but now what? I have all the money in the world and still I'm alone. My mother left dad because he didn't have money. Now, even when I have money I have made myself so distant and work invested that I am alone again. Even my own sister couldn't deal with me.

I picked up my phone and dialed my sister's therapist's number. When dad died, my sister didn't take it well. I didn't know what to do so I sent her for counseling. It really helped her bounce back. Hopefully, it will help me bounce back too.

"Hello, Cardinin speaking."

"Ms. Cardinin, it's Inertia. I need a favour."

"Anything for you dear."

"I need to have an appointment with you. Today, right now."

"No problems. Coming whenever you like."

"Thank you so much Ms. Cardinin." I hung up.

Ms. Cardinin helped my sister a lot and I was forever in her debt. So, when I got a lot of money I made her a completely new house... More like a mansion. Since then she's really thankful for whatever I've down. Now hat I needed help, I knew she wouldn't deny.