Chapter 7

We spent the rest of the week visiting the king and queen for updates and roaming the cities.

It was the first week of September. Fall or autumn is coming and so winter is too. We heard loud footsteps from outside the gates. Andrew and I were sitting on a bench in the park with Sophia, and Yera watching the sunset. We got up and ran to the castle.

"What is it?" I asked Krace when we were inside. "They're back." She said facing the window. We looked out too and saw groups joined together at the gate.

"Come. We must meet the general." Vern said. We followed them out to the balcony where a middle aged looking man was waiting. "General. What news do you bring?" Vern asked. "We have brought all humans that we know of here safely. Lady Ashley and Lord Brandon are here as well. They're resting in a room I prepared for them. We have also caught sight of King Altri and Queen Amia near here." He said bowing.

"Thank you. Please call Ashley and Brandon and tell them to meet us in the council hall. We shall await Altri and Amia there." Krace said. The general bowed then went inside. We followed the king and queen to the council hall.

We sat down and waited. The king and queen had called the council members and were conversing.

Just then, the doors opened and Atlri and Amia followed by Ashley and Brandon appeared. I ran down the bleachers and hugged them all. "Esther." Altri said hugging me. "We were worried, dear." Amia said combing my hair with my hands. "I'm so glad you're alright." She said hugging me. I hugged them back.

I led then to their chairs and Ashley and Brandon sat with us in the bleachers. No one else was here, so the hall had an eerie silence since the council leaders and the two royal couples were speaking quietly.

"So, what do you think they're talking about?" I asked. "Important stuff that we shouldn't know." Ashley said shrugging. The council leaders motioned to Yera. She went down the bleachers and approached them. "How's your wound?" Ashley asked me. "Worse. The bruise got bigger. And it hurts a lot when I walk." I said.

A loud knock came at the door. A giant stepped in and everyone looked at him. "Good evening, your highnesses, Lords and Ladies. May I have a word with Lady Esther?" He asked. They didn't even reply when he dragged me out of the room holding my arm.

Esther. Stay strong. I'll follow you. Don't worry. Andrew conveyed. When we were outside, the giant stuffed me in a sack. Why didn't I fight back? Well, giants are super strong. This one especially. He was holding both of my arms and I couldn't direct any powers to him.

I got out my knife and tried to make a hole. I made out a little one just in time to see Andrew, Ashley and Brandon tiptoeing out of the hall. The giant raised the sack, then slammed it down hard. Ow. Like, seriously, ow. Last thing I saw was my friends peeking out from behind a building. I love you. I conveyed to Andrew. The last thing I heard was, I love you too. And I'll find you.

I slipped into a world of unconsciousness.