Chapter 20

I change into human and imagine her burning up. She counterattacks with lightning while withstanding it. I ignite my body with fire and electrocute her. She didn't expect that. She kneels. Amia shoots her with darkness and I burn her. Unfortunately, it didn't work. It would've killed others, but not Awry.

Amia uses her boomerang then her spear. I shoot her and she deflects it. I growl. Yera uses her wand and aims a spell at Awry and nods to me and Amia. Yera does it again, and Amia and I strike at Awry with storm and shape shifter powers. I add in some fire too. Awry writhes and wiggles. Then she collapses on the floor.

"I am not so easily beat." She says. She waves her wand, and she's gone. "Come on." Amia says and we follow her out the door. "This fortress is big. How are we supposed to fight her?" I ask. We meet up with Ashley. "I saw her go to the battlefield." She says panting. "Battlefield?" I ask. She nods. "Another battle has started. Near the gates. Awry's there." She says. We turn into birds and follow Ashley. This is gonna be a long fight.

We head out into the battlefield in search for Awry. But the sight before us makes us still. The front of the town is burned. Like, burned down and no more. People were running everywhere and soldiers are fighting our friends and their recruits.

"Where is she?" Amia asks looking around frantically. "Where're the boys, Sophia and the others?" I ask. We look around. "I don't know. But we'd better look for Awry or else things'll get worse." Yera says.

We follow Yera as she lands behind a barn. "I can't believe they burned all those houses." Ashley says shaking her head. We hear Awry's laugh and we follow the sound. We walk to our left, then the right. Then backward, then forward.

"You'll never find me, dears." She says laughing menacingly. Amia and I share a look, and we disappear. "Go and help our army fight off Awry's soldiers. I think Isis, Jenia, Sophia and the others are here." Amia instructs them. Yera and Ashley nod, even though they can't see us and run off.

I follow Amia. Since we're both invisible, we can see each other. "Since we can see each other 'cause we're invisible, can't Awry see us too?" I ask Amia who's sneaking around in front of me. "I don't think so. It didn't happen last time I fought her. But then again, it's been years. She could've gotten more spells and powers." Amia says shrugging. She crouches down.

"We're invisible. Why do we need to crouch?" I ask. I love her. She really is like my mom. But sometimes, I don't understand her. "Safety precautions." She replies like it's obvious. Oh. Safety precautions. Of course. How could I have not known? (Note the sarcasm there) Anyway, we wait for a group of soldiers pass by before we stand up.

She motions for me to follow. Not to be rude or anything, it's just that I really don't get why we need so much stealth mode. Come on. We're invisible. It's sort of like the Hobbit.

We reach another house. This time, we see Awry. She's standing on the chimney watching the battle go on. Guess she has a front row seat.

Amia aims all her powers at Awry and Awry collapses, her wand rolling down the roof. Amia bends down and puts her hands on her knees. Tired, I guess. Awry gets up slowly and starts moving towards it. I will the wind to move me towards the wand and I grab it. She eyes me with hatred and sort of hungrily. Weird description, right? But that's what she looks like. Eyes like a lion ready to pounce on me.

I throw the wand at Amia just as Awry lunges at me. Amia waves it around and says some words in another language. Something rushes from the wand and into Awry. She writhes and wriggles on the floor. I don't want to kill her. It seems so gruesome. It's like when mother Gothel turned into that ragged lady near the end of Tangled. Ugh. I shudder.

I look at Awry and I use my darkness power. I spread it over Awry's eyes. Amia takes care of her by burning her legs. Awry's resistance is pretty strong. Her legs just won't burn.

Amia nods at me and counts. "One, two, three!" She says. We both give it all. We aimed all our powers at Awry. Her body becomes still.

Yera comes up behind Awry. She raises her knife. Awry and Yera share a stare, then the knife comes down and agonizing screams pierce the air.