Chapter 25

My parent's funeral was yesterday. So were the funerals for all who died. It was sort of like one big funeral actually.

I'm now sitting on my bed. Looking at pictures. I never did get to have a picture with my parents before they died. I start crying again. I'm sorry if it's too emotional for you. It's just that, I just met my parents after, like, a decade, and now they're gone. All of us are injured too. Just saying.

Sophia's sitting on a bean bag across from me. She looks at me but doesn't say anything. My friends know that I don't want people cooing over me when I cry. Ashley and Brandon share a room now. Beside ours. Andrew's still unconscious in the clinic.

Sophia sits beside me and gives me a hug. I put my face in my hands and cry. A flood of tears has now escaped from my eye sockets again. I've been crying ever since. My eyes are all red and my nose is stuffy.

"Hey. Why don't we visit Andrew?" Sophia asks quietly. I get up. I'm wearing a tank top and shorts. So is Sophia. We don't care. We lost a lot of people and friends. Wane and Uma, my parents, Queen Beatrice, many soldiers, and Yera. Oh. I don't like thinking about it.

We make our way to the clinic. We look through the window. I step in and so does Sophia. He's sitting up. He looks at us. "Sophia? Esther!" He says excitedly standing up and rushing over to us. He hugs Sophia first. He comes over to me.

"I thought you killed yourself when you screeched. Guess you're really the tough girl I know." He says as he twirls me around. He had no shirt on since his scar on his chest is still healing. He puts me down when he sees me looking.

I run my finger slowly over the scar. It's still bright red. I run my finger over the scar on his face too. "You look awful." I whisper. "Look who's talking." He says laughing. I laugh along. Sophia stifles a smile. Andrew holds my face in his hands. "I missed you." He says. "I missed you too." I whisper back. He kisses me. We hug. Sophia laughs. "Are you cold?" He asks me. "Nope." I reply. He hands me his shirt anyway.

I put it on and his arm is around my back. I wrap my arm around his back and we walk back to my room with Sophia in front of us.

We sit down and we start talking about the war. "I can't believe it. I never even got to meet your parents. Well, besides you dad telling me to duck and dying for me." Andrew says. I shove my face into his chest and start crying again.

He kisses my hair and holds me tight. Sophia went to get Ashley and Brandon. They come in and see us. "Es? You alright?" Ashley asks, sitting down. "Yeah." I say wiping my tears and turning my head to look at them.

Amia and Altri come in. We all sit quietly. Then, we start talking quietly.

A voice suddenly speaks. "Well done my children." He booms. We all smile. King Eman. "You're smiling, Es." Andrew says. "I'm no longer sad." I say. Andrew pulls back my hair and I look in the mirror. I have a purple streak. I am officially a child of King Eman. Just like my friends and family.

***hope you guys liked it!!! Feel free to vote and comment:)***