Revelations and Preparations

Chapter 12 Revelations and Preparation

The alarm went off and Sam reached over to turn it off. He and Dean had gone to bed early for them. They both wanted to curl up in the monstrous beds, Sam had won the master bedroom in a coin toss. Sam remembered lying down on the bed and realizing that he could stretch his arms and legs all the way out and none of his limbs would hang over the edge. He had almost fallen asleep right then and there when he remembered the tub. Forcing himself back up, he stood and walked into the bathroom. The tub was huge. He really wanted to take a bath but thought that it would probably take an hour for that thing to fill up, then he noticed that you could break it into two sections. "Damn it must be nice to be rich.” Sectioning it off would allow it to fill much faster. He secured the little wall between the two sections of the tub and turned the water on. There was no way he was going to pass this up.

As he waited for the tub to fill he walked to the window and looked out at the pool, spa, rock feature and the forest beyond. It was the night before a full moon. Out here away from the city lights he could see all the stars, even pick out a few constellations. How long had it been since he had looked out a window of a hotel room and saw something other than parking lots, strips joints, liquor stores or pawn shops? Admittedly not every place they stayed was a dive but for the most part none of them would ever be found on a Top 1000 best hotels to stay at list.

He turned to go back into the bathroom, stripped out of his shirt, brushed his teeth, skimmed out of pants and underwear and stepped into the tub. It was filling a lot faster than he thought it would, there were several faucets that were pouring water into the tub at a pretty quick rate. He found the dials for the whirlpool jets and started turning them on. "Oh my god.." he breathed out in a delighted gasp.

He and Dean tended to ignore aches, pain, injuries and sore spots in their bodies but the jets picked them all out. He shimmied and twisted this way and that to focus the jets on all the tense muscles in his back and legs. They even had jets coming out of the floor of the tub. As he focused on his body relaxing, the stress in his mind washed away he closed his eyes and reached his hand out to turn off the faucets. He just floated there, being massaged by water. He was as close to a meditative state as he had ever been. There were no thoughts in his mind, no fears haunting him, no worries about hellhounds coming for Dean, just peace and quiet. "Thank you for this Oliver. Thank you."

After about an hour the water started growing cold, he stepped out of the bath, toweled off, pulled on some sweatpants and walked into the bedroom. Upon pulling back the comforter, which was probably worth more than the Impala, he found cotton sheets that were so soft they almost felt like silk. As he slid in between the sheets he noticed a little menu on the table next to the bed. "If having your breakfast prepared in room please call an hour ahead a time and let us know your choices for breakfast.” Right before his eyes closed into what ended up being one of the deepest sleeps he had in months, he set his alarm for 900 am.

The numbers on the clock read 900 and Sam reached out for the phone. He hadn't felt so rested in months. He remembered with a smile that his last thought before he fell asleep was what he wasn't going to order for breakfast. He dialed the number listed on the menu, it was picked up on the first ring. A slightly Scottish accented male voice spoke

"Good morning Mr. Winchester, this is Chef Corbin. What would you like for breakfast ?” It took Sam a second to respond to being called Mr. Winchester and to process the fact that the chef was answering the phone.

"Hello Chef Corbin. Good Morning, I would like you to bring everything you have ever thought of putting in an omelette. I would also like fresh fruit but no grapes, honeydew or cantaloupe melon please. Also rolls, not bread, but rolls with several options of jams and spreads. The freshest juice you have and espresso. Can you make it for 1030? I don't think my brother is up yet.”