Chapter 8.5

📍✨ Flashback @ Kindergarten ✨📍

"Hyuuuuung!!" Where are you going?!!!", I worriedly followed Jin.

"That's why I'm telling you not to follow me!! Just go back to school, Namjoon." He said, walking continuously to who knows where.

"I don't wanna go back there without you...", I demanded. "I'll get bullied if you're not by my side..."

He didn't utter a single word. We kept on walking further away. Only he knows where our trails will lead us to.

"It's not like you to be like this, Hyung. Did something happened?", I broke the silence between us. "Did your parents fight again?"

He was silent. There I knew, I'm right. Well, knowing Jin for quite sometime now, he always tell me everything that happens to him.

Everyone knows him being a lively kid. He's energetic and he brings smile to anyone. He's down to earth and he appreciate the smallest things.

But behind that persona lies a mishap. His parents fought a lot, causing him to breakdown at times. He doesn't have any siblings, that's why he can only depend on himself. And at times that these things happen, he can only carry the burden by himself.

"Hyung... You can talk to me about this...", I kept on telling him, but he just kept on walking.

"Hyung..." I repeatedly called him to get his attention.

"Hyu--"

"Just go back, Namjoon!!!! I don't need you!!!!", he cut me off, pushing me away. I could tell he's holding his tears by the way he talks.

He must have been hurt a lot.

"Hyung... I'm here to listen...", I tried to console him.

He looked away. "Just leave me alone for a while... Please?", he demanded, clenching his fist.

I hesitated to leave him alone, but then I thought it might be the best choice for now.

I took a deep sigh and nodded. "I'll wait for you at school... and I won't go home until you come.... even if it takes forever!"

I stared at him for some seconds until I walk away back to school.

I remembered arriving at school at sunset. Everyone was going home. All of them looks excited, finally going home to the comforts of their own home.

I can't stop thinking of Jin. I sat on a bench waiting for him to show up.

"My mom will surely kill me if I don't go home before seven.", I thought to myself, followed with a laugh.

I was always scared to break her rules but in my situation right now, I don't even care if I get hit a hundred times.

I need to wait for Jin.

It was already past eight. I stood up and looked around to check any sights of him.

None.

I sighed. Yup, I'm going to get a hitting later.
I sat back at the bench and looked down. I closed my eyes for a while.

"You really waited for me?"

I heard a familiar voice. I quickly looked up to see Jin already walking near me.

I crossed my brows, wanting to cry. "I thought you won't come back. I was getting really worried!!", I pulled him into a hug.

He giggled and patted my head. "Sorry Namjoon... I got carried away..."

"What happened? Where did you go?!", I asked him.

"You know... I was about to jump off a cliff...", he told me while he laughed at the end.

"It's not the right time to kid around, Hyung!!!", I seriously said.

"I'm not even kidding... If it wasn't for that, you  really must have been waiting here till forever...", he laughed.

I sniffed. "Don't do scary things like that!!! And this is not even funny!!! I'm going to get hit later because of this!!! But I don't care as long as I know you're safe now!"

He smiled at me and patted my head again. "Thank you, Namjoon... Thank you for always being there for me. You're the best."

"Did you really thought of killing yourself?" I asked once more.

He looked up and then nodded. "I really did... and to be honest, I would really regret it if I did it."

I pouted. "Don't ever think of doing something like that ever again..."

"Don't worry... I won't...", he laughed again.

"Hyung..."

He looked at me as I called him.

"What made you change your mind?", I curiously asked him.

He gave me a playful smile. "Do you really wanna know?"

I nodded.

He grinned.

"A girl."

- End of Chapter 8.5 -

AN: To clear things up, Jin would enter Elementary School the next year while Namjoon stays on preparatory school for another year.

They have a 1 year gap between them.

Namjoon left to New Zealand after finishing his preparatory(kindergarten) school.