Chapter 5: The Search Begins

Anna headed out of the castle around the afternoon. The best place to start the search was the North Mountain. As she walked she began thinking more about the puzzling mystery of Elsa's disappearance. Kristoff had come with her along with Olaf and Sven. "Don't worry Anna, we'll find her." Olaf assured her. 

  "Will we?" Anna asked.

   As the group walked deeper into the woods, they came across a river. It was flowing quite fast. "Great. How are we going to cross?" Kristoff asked. 

  "Don't worry. We can do it." Anna said encouragingly. 

  "The river's too wide for Sven to jump." Kristoff said. 

  "Look, there's a log we can cross over. We have to hurry, the river's getting higher." Anna pointed to a log.

   Kristoff moved the log to make sure it was sturdy. "Okay ladies first." He said. 

  "Shouldn't you make sure it's stable?" Anna teased. 

  "Right." Kristoff responded. He stood on it and made sure it stayed. He went across safely.  

  "You next Olaf." Anna urged. The snowman hurried safely to the other side. Sven would go last because he was the heaviest.

   Anna took a step and began the way across. Halfway across a huge wave splashed over the log and Anna lost her balance! She fell into the river. "Anna!" Kristoff called after her.

  "I'm fine!" She called. Anna tried to swim back but it was difficult. 

  "I'm coming in!" Kristoff leaped after her. The water was cold and rough. "Anna!" Kristoff called. He had lost sight of her and couldn't feel anything.

  Just then a hand grabbed him and pulled him out of the water. A dark haired girl with green eyes had saved him. "What do you think you're doing? You'll freeze out here!" She told him. 

  "It's Anna! She fell and I can't find her! Please help!" Kristoff pleaded. 

  "Say no more!" The girl said. She leaped in on the desperate rescue mission.