Chapter 8: Losing the War

Elsa was sitting now alone again worrying when she would slip away again. "Oh, Anna where are you?" She asked herself. She thought she heard something. It was so quick. Then she heard it again. Was it what she thought it was? 

  "Elsa! Elsa where are you? It's me Anna!" Elsa knew that voice!

  "Anna! I'm here!" She heard rushed footsteps come nearer. Then she saw her sister's familiar face. Kristoff and Olaf were there. Sven must be outside. Elsa thought. There was another girl. She was about Anna'a age and she had black hair and green eyes.

  "You've found me!" Elsa gasped. 

  "Elsa! Oh we're so glad we found you! You just disappeared... what happened?" Anna asked. Elsa explained who Darcy was and how capable she was. 

  "She wants to be queen! I need to stop her, but you see she has injected me with some weird stuff to make me turn evil! I don't know how long I have, we have to stop her!"

  "We will." Anna said. "Oh! This is Reese. She helped us find you, she knows her ways around here." Anna said introducing Reese. 

  "Hi!" Reese smiled. 

  "We have to leave before Darcy comes back!" Elsa said worriedly. "Quick get this chain off me, I can't. My powers aren't strong anymore. They're fading. Anna tried to pick the chain lock.

  Kristoff loaned her a pick ax and she began to work. The chain stayed. "Here let me help." Elsa reached over to help. 

  "Ow!" Anna yelped as she leaped back. 

  "Anna! What is it? What happened?" Elsa asked worriedly.

"You- you... burned me!" Anna looked at her sister shocked. Sure enough there was a burn mark on Anna'a hand. 

  "Anna... I didn't mean to..." Elsa stared at her hands. The magic was making quick work of her. She would become evil just like Darcy. "NO!" Elsa looked at Anna. "I don't know what's happening to me but we have to go." Elsa warned them.

  Anna stood up. Kristoff held her back. "No Anna. Can we trust her?" 

  "What? Of course we can she's my sister!" 

  "That thing is not your sister." 

  "And it won't be if we can get her out of here." 

Elsa was relieved  when they had come to a decision. "Come on." Elsa used her new power to blast off the chain. The group quickly began heading for the entrance Anna and the other's had made. They halted at the sound of a voice. 

  "Oh how nice to have visitors!" It was Darcy.

  "I warned you Elsa and now I can finally have my glory!" The group ran and tried to escape the blasts of Darcy. Elsa rounded a bend and urged the others forward. Then a huge fire blast hit Reese and Kristoff. They were surrounded by a fire cage that was closing in.

  "NO!" Anna yelled. She tried to run to her friends but was hit in the leg. She fell down patting the fire out. The burn seemed bad and Darcy was closing in. 

  "Don't you harm her..." Elsa tried to run but watched in pure horror as a fiery blast escaped Darcy's hand and flew straight at Anna.

  Elsa awoke with a scream. She looked around terrified. She was alone. Anna wasn't there, and she was still chained. "I've been out! It was all a dream!" Elsa couldn't believe it. She hadn't realized she had blacked out. She felt a pain inside. The evil was growing, and she might have caught a glimpse of the future. A war was raging, and so far she was losing.