Chapter 9: Closer

Anna woke up the next morning. She saw that Kristoff and Reese were preparing to set out. "Why did you guys let me sleep in! I could have helped." She told the both of them. 

  "We wanted to let you rest." Kristoff replied. "We have a long journey ahead of us and you need to be ready." 

  "I'm fine!" Anna protested.

  "Well we are leaving now so come on." Reese urged. 

  "Okay." Anna grumbled.

  "I know a way from here. It's this way." Reese began walking along side Sven, who was pulling the sleigh. 

  "Come Anna." Olaf smiled and followed.

  Reese walked and began telling the two of them about where she was from, and how she knew these parts. "Now if your sister was kidnapped, there would be signs of struggle. So if you see any kind of pathway that appears to show struggle, give a shout." She instructed. The chilly wind that had been blowing earlier now seemed to turn humid.

  Anna began to get hot and took off her shawl. "Geesh It's so hot all of a sudden." 

  "In the middle of winter? Man your guys's seasons are off." Reese said as she took off her own shawl. 

  "Weird." Kristoff said. 

  "Uh, guys we have a problem." Olaf said. They looked at him. "If it gets any hotter, i'll start to melt." The thought hadn't occurred until now.

  "Olaf, i'm sorry but you have to go back to Arendelle." Anna said urgently. 

  "What? But I wanna help!" Olaf protested.

  "I know, but you'll melt! You have to go now if you hope to make it back in one piece." 

  "Sven can take you, can't you boy?" Kristoff asked Sven hopefully. 

  "We'll lose extra members but we can afford to let them go." Reese said.

  Sven snorted and walked up to Olaf. "You guys be careful." Olaf told them. "And Anna-" 

  "Yes?" 

  "Bring Elsa home." Olaf smiled, and Sven took off towards Arendelle. 

  "Well it's just us now." Reese said. The group walked more until they saw something glowing in the woods.

  "What is that?" asked Kristoff. 

  "Come on!" Anna headed towards it.

  When the group reached it they saw a glowing flame hovering off the ground. Anna looked at it and then slowly reached forward. "Anna no!" Kristoff tried to reach her. Her hand barely touched the flame and it transformed into a hologram of a person who looked like Elsa but not exactly.

  "Hello Anna. Yes Elsa is safe, for she is with me. But she won't be safe for long! You see I am Darcy and I want to rule Arendelle. I'll let Elsa here go home safe if she allows me to take the throne. If she refuses well, let's just say Arendelle goes under fire! That humid air will grow hotter until unbearable heat occurs. Soon say goodbye to your precious kingdom! Of course you have to hurry and save Elsa. She needs some sisterly persuasion. I'll make her an evil shadow of her former self, the transformation is taking place quite quickly. Goodbye now..... "

  The hologram burned away into ashes. "Oh no!" Kristoff and Reese shouted. Anna stayed quiet, Elsa was alive, and closer than ever.