Part 2

Lara Jeans pov

My alarm went off as I forced my self out of bed. It's the first day of school, a Tuesday. I had been planning my outfit all last week, not sure why I did that though I just want to wear sweatpants but first impressions matter. I threw on a yellow t shirt dress with a necklace and some bracelets. I was lightly curling my hair when my phone buzzed, it was a text from Suzanne.

Susie- so Jax was texting me last night and said he didn't regret what happened between you two at Oscars party. He also said that he might have strong feelings for you.

Lara Jean- wait, what!?! Are you serious!?!

Susie- no I just knew it was going to get your attention

Lara Jean- you suck

Susie- you swallow

Lara Jean- touché

Susie- so I can't decide, should I wear my purple romper with my grey sweater or my floral top with ripped jeans

Lara Jean- floral top and ripped jeans

Susie- thx girl. Xoxo

Lara Jean- xxxo

I finished my hair then ran to my car. As I hopped in and turned on the radio Khalid blasted through my car stereo. I love Khalid he's probably my favorite artist of all time. I drove to Suzanne's neighborhood and picked her up.

"Excited for today?" She asked hopping into the car

"Not really, I wish it was still summer." I sighed. Just the thought of summer broke my heart. It made me remember all the laughs and fights I had with Daniel and all the crazy pool parties I went to. It also made me think of Jax's lips on mine. I shrugged the idea of him off my shoulders and turned up Young Dumb & Broke.

I drove up to the school and nerves flew through my stomach. I saw Jax getting out of his car with Daniel. He waved at us as I parked a few cars over from him. I quickly got out of the car and ran over to them.

"Hey." I said as I tried to catch my breath from the little running I just did.

"Hey." Jax smirked. Daniel threw me a fake smile then slouched into the building.

"What's his deal?" I wondered

"He's just mad at himself for ending things with you this summer." Jax explained. Suzanne came up to us with anger in her eyes.

"How could you just leave me like that." She whined

"I'm sorry do you need me to hold your hand and walk you into school every day." I suggested sarcastically

"Yes." She huffed then we all laughed.

"I think Daniel will get over it soon so you don't have to worry about it." Jax replied then walked to his class.

"What does Daniel need to get over?" Suzanne questioned

"He's not quite over me yet." I answered

"That's great news!" She shrieked

"No it's not, I like his best friend  so it'll only hurt him more." I sighed

"True." She said

I was sitting in English next to Jax when Bailey walked in late. Her hair was a mess and her shirt was buttoned weird, she and Bryce obviously met up. Jax rolled his eyes and looked down at his paper. I looked over at him concerned and Bailey noticed. She handed the teacher a note and walked over to my desk.

"I think you're in my seat." She said throwing me the cold shoulder

"No it's mine." I smiled

"Bailey pick a seat that isn't already taken." The teacher sighed. Jax looked over at me and mouthed the words thank you. I smiled at him as my heart shattered knowing he wasn't completely over her and everything that happened at Oscars party was a mistake.