Part 5

Lara Jeans pov

Days went by and I was shocked that Jax and Bailey were still together. I figured soon enough she'd run back to Bryce and break Jax's heart once again, only this time I wouldn't be there for him.

I was sitting in Spanish 5 when Suzanne told me the news.

"Did you hear, Bailey fucked Bryce last night." Suzanne snickered

"Called it." I replied

"Why don't you sound happy about it?" She wondered

"It's just Bailey has screwed Jax over so many times that's it's become a habit but this time I don't care anymore." I answered

"That's the spirit." She smiled giving me a high five. I was surprised that Suzanne thought not being there for Jax was such a good idea. Usually her kind spirit would force me to be kind and remorseful towards him but this time was different.

I saw Baileys mascara running down her cheeks in the hallway and Jax was no where in sight. He must of found out.

"How could he do this to me? A girl has needs he wasn't able to fulfill." Bailey whined into her friend Haley's shirt.

"I know, he's just gotta get over himself. He'll come back to you I'm sure of it." Haley reassured her.

"No he won't." I said as I walked by them

"How would you know skank?" Bailey asked whipping away her tears

"Because I've known him a lot longer than you have and he's sick of this little sex game your playing." I replied

"There's no game I'm being pretty straight forward with him. I want sex and he's not willing to give it to me so I have to have sex with Bryce." Bailey replied in a duh tone

"How could you be so selfish and slutty and not realize it? It's like sex doesn't phase you. For some people it's a really important moment in their life and for you it's just something you can toss around with no worry." I scoffed. She looked at me with a glare knowing I was right but she stormed off anyways.

I saw Jax walking down the hall with red cheeks and a messy hairstyle. He looked stressed and angry, he was on fire and if you touched him lord knows what he would do. I was scared to even go near him or say anything.

At the end of the day Suzanne left with me because cheer try outs were over and they wouldn't find out if they were on the team for a few more days. Daniel was walking out as well with Jax and it was the original four.

Only this time Jax was red hot, Daniel was quiet, Suzanne was less kind, and I was in another place. What had Junior year done to us in such a short time?

"Want to hang at my place?" Jax asked letting the redness fade from his face

"I'm down." Suzanne replied

"Same." Daniel said

"I guess I'll go too." I smiled then we piled into our cars and drove to Jax's. I parked outside of his house and Daniel and Suzanne parked at their own houses since they lived just down the road.

Jax and I sat on his back porch staring at the enormous landscape.

"I think I'm officially done with Bailey." Jax stated breaking the silence

"That's good." I replied

"That's all you have to say?" He asked

"Well what do you want me to say?" I wondered

"I don't know, not that." He said

"I guess I'm happy that you realized how self centered and slutty she is." I explained