Part 3

Lara Jeans pov

"Our relationship is like that Ed Sheeran song, Happier." I explained to Suzanne after she asked me about the me and Jax situation.

"Oh c'mon you guys didn't break up he just decided he like Bailey better." Suzanne laughed knowing it would only upset me more, "sorry I didn't actually mean that."

"Whatever." I sighed as I laid my head on my desk.

I could hear heels clicking on the floor next to me then the desk behind me shake.

Great

I turned around to see a satisfied Bailey knowing that I knew about her and Jax.

"So I heard you and Jax were hanging out yesterday." She fake smiled

"Yup." I sighed popping the p

"Well if I were you I'd back off of him cause he and I are getting together now." She stated

"He's not property so you can't own him." I shot back

"Well he's mine so back off." She glared.

I rolled my eyes knowing after just two days she would go back to Bryce and leave Jax broken hearted once again. Only this time I wouldn't pity Jax I would only laugh and shrug him off. It's his own fault he got himself in this mess I'm not about to help him out of it.

After class I gathered my things and walked out with Suzanne.

"What did Bailey say to you?" She wondered

"She just told me that Jax was hers and I need to back off." I shrugged

"That's hilarious." She laughed

"Yeah I guess." I half smiled. As I said that Jax walked by and smiled at me but Bailey came running up and kissed him in front of everybody.

"Hey baby." She said

"Hey." He smiled

I walked off as Suzanne chased after me, tears running down my cheeks.

"It's going to be ok." Suzanne reassured me as she held me close to her. "He doesn't even care about Bailey."

"Then why is he with her?" I wondered

"He wants sex and other stuff." She laughed

"True." I smiled

"So he's a douche and you should get over him." She smiled then I wiped my tears away.

"You're right, he's so not worth my tears." I replied

"Preach girl." We both laughed

After school Suzanne had try outs so I went home and watched Friday night lights until I got a text from Jax

"Wanna hang?" He wondered

"Not really." I texted back

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I've just got a lot of stuff I need to do. I'll see ya tomorrow."

"Okay." Then our conversation ended. Everything that was going on just reminded me of eighth grade and how care free I wish we still were. Now people are getting in relationships and making everything twice as dramatic. Plus we have all this pressure on us about colleges this year and I just wish I could go back.

I wish I could go to amusement parks with my naïve self again and hang with the younger and dumber Jax.

I want it to be the way it was before Bailey decided to grow up..

Bailey used to be the little innocent one, she was the little sister of the group.

Now she's on her own and dating profusely.

I want it to be eighth grade again.