Chapter 7

Finn had to stay with her all night that night, and most of them for the next three weeks. 

His heart was breaking watching her cry every night.  So, he had called Honor to come over and told her if Rory wouldn't go to Mitchum and Shira now then he would go by himself. 

They waited for Rory to get home from lunch with Stephanie that Saturday. 

When she walked in the door, she knew something was up. 

"Guys?"

"Sit down love," Finn said.  She did and he took her hand.  "I know you have another week, but you can't wait any longer.  Sleeping with you every night, watching you hurt, is killing me.  I can't imagine how you are still in one piece right now.  You have to go to them."

Honor took her other hand, "I've tried everything I could think of, we have to go to them.  We have to tell them what's going on...he'll get him back Rory."

Rory nodded, took a deep breath, and said, "ok, lets go."

She would do this and be strong for their baby. She only allowed herself to fall apart at the end of the day. It used to be privately, but Finn had learned of her secret and made himself her support. Most nights, he held her until she fell asleep, some nights he left and others he fell asleep too. If there was a single bit of attraction between them, it might be uncomfortable, but he was the closest thing she had ever had to a brother. She knew he was just doing everything in his power to minimize her pain.

The ride seemed longer today somehow. Probably just because of the destination, but longer none the less.

They finally made it to the Huntzberger mansion, and Honor took her hand and never let go.  Finn stood next to her with his arm around her.  The maid answered and led them to the sitting room where they waited for Mitchum and Shira. 

It felt like waiting in the principal's office.  Finally they heard footsteps, and Shira appeared.  All three stood up, with Honor and Rory still holding hands. 

Shira looked at them for a moment, then turned and yelled, "Mitchum!  I think you had better get in here!"  She looked back at them and waited until Mitchum showed up. 

His jaw dropped at the sight of Finn and a pregnant Rory standing next to their daughter. 

Mitchum and Shira sat, so the three of them sat as well. 

Shira finally talked, "how far along?"

"Almost seven months, thirty weeks."

"He doesn't know does he?"

Rory shook her head.

Mitchum spoke up, "please don't take this as accusing Rory, but why are you here? What do you want?"

Honor squeezed her hand in encouragement, she took a deep breath, "I want you to find him and bring him home."

"Why?" Shira asked.

"Because I love him. I couldn't see past my own hang-ups when I turned down his proposal, and I realize now that I was wrong."

"What is your current situation Rory?" Mitchum asked.

"She is living with me sir. None of us wanted her living alone in New York, and I have a big apartment and no one else there." Finn knew that Mitchum and Shira were both royal jerks most of the time, but, at the very least, they were probably concerned about the welfare of their grandchild.

"You know that I'm a floating junior editor at Condé Nast, of course."

Mitchum nodded and then looked at Finn, "come with me for a minute."