Episode 10

We sat inside Homura's apartment. The inside was literally just a white void with paintings that rotated around the room and in the back, you can hear and see the shadow of a slowly swinging pendulum. Kyoko-san, who was enjoying a bowl of ramen, and I sat on a circular sofa as Homura returned with a bunch of papers and laid them out on the coffee table. They appeared to be maps with a huge web, connecting locations that she had circled along wth additional notes she made on it along with some graphs and notes she had taken on other pieces of paper. Homura pointed a location that she had circled boldly in red. "The Walpurgisnacht should within this area," she explained the obvious.

"What are you basing that on?" I asked her out of curiosity. I've never heard of this Witch before and never seen this accurate data collected on it either. "Statistics? I've never heard of a Walpurgis coming to this city before. So where are these statistics are coming from?"

Homura remained silent on her end at the couch, staring emotionlessly at us as if silence was the best way to hide her secrets. "Neither of us as exactly the trustworthy type, but I don't think you have to be that secretive about it either," Kyoko-san pointed out as she smirked, clicking her chopsticks together.

Homura still didn't respond and we all sat in silence, the only thing filling it was the soft slurping of Kyoko-san and her noodles. A sudden voice intruded the silence. "I like to know as well, Homura," a very familiar voice of a devil was heard.

Kyoko-san slammed her bowl of noodles down, making some of the broth inside spill out as she stood up, pushing me behind her, and summoned her spear, pointing it at Kyubey who sat on top of the couch. "How dare you show your face here after what happened?" She yelled at the creature.

"My, my, I get the feeling that I'm not welcome," Kyubey remarked.

"No shit," I replied darkly.

"And here I came all this way to give some rather important information," it huffed, as if it had better things to do with its time and we were all scum to him.

"Huh?" Kyoko-san and I asked in reply.

"Sayaka is depleting herself faster than I expected," it announced. "It's not all just the magic she's using; she's started to carry a curse within herself."

"And whose fault do you think it is?" Kyoko-san growled, thrusting out her spear some more.

"And this rate, it might become an issue before the Walpurgisnacht arrives," it continued. "You all best be on guard."

"What does that mean?" I asked, standing up and peering over Kyoko-san's shoulder. "What are you talking about?"

"Perhaps you should ask her instead of me," it cocked its head to the side before turning to Homura. "You already know the answer, don't you, Homura?"

Homura still remained silent, using the tactic of being silent to not give away an information she wished not to share. "I thought so," it closed its eyes, as if her silence had confirmed a theory it had. "I'd be most interested where you obtained that information from. Could you be a...?"

"I've heard all I care from you," she snapped interrupting it before it said too much and turning away in silent, resonating anger. "Begone."

It sat for a few more minutes before jumping off and creeping back into the shadows. "You're just going to let it go?" Kyoko-san asked with exasperation in her voice.

"Killing him won't do anything," Homura stated while shrugging.

"You mean...it is immortal?" I asked. "Anyways, what's the issue it mentioned with Sayaka?"

"Her Soul Gem has become too tainted," Homura explained. "If it's not purified soon, the damage will be irreparable."

"Oh no!" I covered my mouth in horror as Kyoko-san slurped her noodles more rapidly, taking her emotions out into food.

"That damn idiot!" She growled, slamming her now empty bowl down. "I knew it that she was too much of an amateur for this! And Kyubey didn't help things either! What was she thinking? Come on Rei-we need to track this girl and beat some sense into her. Looks like the next time we meet will be another fight."

She took my arm and yanked it in her direction, dragging me wth her like a rag doll.

*~*~*~*~*~

As Homura watched the two girls run off, she sighed, showing jealousy, a rare time that she felt emotion. She envied the close bond with the two Magical Girls had and wished one for her and Madoka Kaname. But alas, she had a big job to do and she didn't have time to be friendly with the pinkette.

But, Homura did have one lingering question-observing from all the over timelines she had traveled too, and assuming Rei suffers the same childhood as the rest of them, why is she still alive? Why hasn't she became a Witch like in the other timelines or not exist in it at all, presumably killing herself or disappearing with Kyoko Sakura? It confused her when she saw this relationship a few other times in the timelines she had traveled too.

"I bet you are wondering why Rei hasn't cursed herself just yet," a evil voice cut in.

Homura opened her eyes to see Kyubey comfortably settled next to Homura on the couch. "You see, I've been wondering that same question for a while," it explained. "And, after observing her for a bit, I've came to one conclusion; the only reason why she hasn't sunk into grief is because she has one person she can fulfill her wish to, and it's Kyoko. It's unbelievable, right? After all she's been through, rejected by family and friends, being called worthless and believing it as well all because of her sister, only making her wish just so she can impress them with her strength and have them acknowledge her as a human being only to have it backfire on it soon after, you think she would of given up by now? But no. I was astonished as well. You see, Kyoko is the only person she has ever met to not be fazed that her sister is an idol. And because of that, she looks up to Kyoko, being the first one to accept her as a human with a place in this Earth, she latched herself to the poor girl. She sucks off of her like a leech, or rather a parasite. She sucks the life out of Kyoko, as it being the only fuel for her heart to continue to pump. She's feeding off of Kyoko for her own benefits and Kyoko doesn't get anything out of it. Basically, Kyoko is the only girl Rei has left that she needs to have her wish carried out for, also being her only reason she's alive still, which is why she hasn't ascended to the curse of her wish."

It closed its eyes and opened them, looking up at Homura and she swore she saw the creature smile wider than it's usual already-smiling face. "But, you know what happens to Kyoko and what will become of Rei already, like everything else, right?"