Chapter 28:

The next morning I woke up and pushed myself to get cereal. I stayed inside all day, not feeling the mood to go face anyone. Around mid day there was a knock on the front door. Lugging myself off the couch, I walked to the front door and opened it to reveal a bleeding Lip.

"Lip?" I asked.

"Wow you look like shit." Lip laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Says you."

"Can I come in?" He asked.

I nodded and stepped aside letting him in. He walked in and I grabbed his hand and dragged him to the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Sit." I said pointing to the counter.

He sat down and I grabbed a washcloth and wet it down. I started to clean his forehead.

"What happened?" I asked as I cleaned.

"Karen dumped me." He said keeping his eyes on me. "Then I found out Karen and Frank fucked and almost killed Frank with a car I stole."

"Jesus Lip." I breathed out.

"Scott finally not home?" He asked changing the subject.

"Uh yeah. I guess he and some friends went on a trip of some sort." I lied.

He nodded and I finished cleaning up the blood as best as I could. We walked out of the bathroom.

"You want a beer or you gonna go home?" I asked turning to him.

"A beer." He said looking at me.

I nodded and walked into the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I pulled a beer bottle out and turned to see Lip standing there.

"Here." I said holding it out to him.

He walked over and took it, making our hands brush together on accident. I walked past him and walked into the living room. Lip joined me on the couch.

"Have you been inside all day?" He questioned as he opened the beer.

I nodded. It got quiet.

"What's your family like?" Lip asked.

I turned my head to look at him. "What?"

"Your family. You never really talk about them. You've seen my family in action but I've never actually seen your family or heard much about them?" Lip explained.

"What is there to know?" I asked.

He shrugged. "What are they like?"

"Scott's fucking almost every girl in town, my dad is never home, and my mom is dead. Not much to it." I shrugged.

"Your mom is dead?" He asked surprised.

"Oh come on. I'm not telling you my life story." I rolled my eyes.

"Come on. You know my family, why don't I know yours? We're neighbors." Lip pushed.

I chewed on my lip for a moment while looking at Lip. My eyes traveled down to the bottle in his hand.

"Elena?" Lip asked.

I grabbed his hand and used my other hand to take the bottle from him.

"You don't mind if I..." I asked holding the bottle up slightly.

"You drinking?" Lip asked amused.

I nodded. "You wanna hear my life story or not?"

He nodded. I looked down at the bottle and hesitated.