Chapter 7

The evening of the ball came faster than Bella would have liked and so she was nervously flitting about getting ready. She slipped on her strapless gold lace mermaid evening gown opting out of wearing formal robes. She knew the dress was stunning and wanted to look her best in case of seeing him.

Daisy popped in helping Bella finish her look by putting her hair into a bun on the nape of her neck with a few soft curls around her face. Daisy did Bella's make-up with a smoky eye and a dark blood red lip then nodded at Bella when she finished.

"Mistress looks so beautiful, yes she does," Daisy smiled. Bella kissed her head thanking her in response.

"I wholeheartedly agree," Blaise says leaning on the doorframe. He smiled at Bella as she pulled on her matching gold heels. He then tried to keep his anger in check seeing the familiar necklace on her neck. "You look beautiful sorella."

"Thank you fratello," she kissed him quickly on the cheek. Blaise grabbed her cloak and slipped it over her shoulders. The siblings then walked out to the apparition point apparating to their destination.

The ministry's annual ball was nearly full when they arrived being fashionably late as they so often did. They strode in giving their cloaks to the waiting elves then walked into the ballroom. Blaise smirked as every eye seemed to be on him and his sister. He knew he was ridiculously handsome and his sister was drop dead gorgeous, but he always enjoyed being reminded, cheeky bastard that he was.

"Seems we're once again showstoppers," Bella whispered smiling brightly at Blaise who chuckled.

"When are we not?" Blaise asked looking out at the men ogling his sister. He smirked catching the eyes of many women in the room who were outright staring at the siblings.

Draco held his breath as he saw Bella enter. Wearing a figure hugging dress that made her tan skin glow he could not stop staring at her. His heart lurched in his chest as he saw the large emerald pendant around her neck. He gulped down his guilt and kept watching her even as he felt his fiancée grab onto his arm. Astoria watched her fiancée pining over Bella and her heart clenched at how devastated he looked. I'll make him happier than she ever would, Astoria sneered internally. She then turned his attention to the ministry officials who had approached the couple.

"Ms. Zabini would you care to dance?" Cormac McClaggen asked Bella who had settled into their table.

"That would be delightful," Bella smiled taking his hand graciously. He led her to the dancefloor and she let him lead her in the dance. Bella noticed the stares of the men surrounding them as his hand slowly maneuvered its way down settling on her lower back far lower than she was comfortable with. Cormac was talking Bella's ear off about his many accomplishments within the auror department when she heard someone approach.

"I do believe that I shall cut in," a voice drawled behind Bella taking her from her inappropriate dance partner. Letting out a quiet sigh of relief Bella turned to her saving grace and smiled brightly.

"George!" she exclaimed quickly letting the disgruntled blonde saunter off the dancefloor. The twin waggled his eyebrows at the witch then pulled her in and danced with her to an upbeat song. He twirled her round and caused her to giggle much to the dissatisfaction of a certain blonde haired wizard.

"Well they would make a cute couple," Hermione smiled walking up to Draco with Theo holding her close.

"Granger, Theo," Draco nodded to them steadily ignoring Hermione's blatant anger rolling off her.

"I don't know love, a Weasley? You really want her to have Molly as a mother in law?" Theo joked noticing Draco growing tense.

"Molly's absolutely lovely not to mention you can't resist her pies every time we go," Hermione smiled sweetly at Theo. Draco stiffened when he saw George twirl Bella then kiss her cheek as Dean Thomas interrupted the pair to dance with her. Astoria walked back up to Draco pecking him on the cheek.