4. MONACHOPSIS

A subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place.

The sun had sat early on fine winter evening, leaving bright golden-tangerine shades on the horizon. The thick blankets of white snow had completely covered autumn leaves on ground.

There was a percussive noise and two figures appeared in the middle of the forest. Hermione's grip on Harry's hand tightened as a cool breeze kissed her cheeks when they apparated.

'Sorry, I didn't realize it will be this cold' Harry said when Hermione shivered as another breeze blew over them. Harry had apparated them to the woods of Ebony forest. Dursleys used to drive up there for camping in summer. They had been moving all over Europe, so they had lost track of weather conditions. Harry didn't remember that heavy snow covers up this place faster.

'No, It's fine.' She said letting go of his hand. 'I will put up the charms around this place.'

Harry looked at her back as she began walking away and started chanting her spells. She had been upset and didn't talk much since the day Ron left them.
Ron had gotten upset over their failures to track down and destroy Horcruxes. Harry and Hermione knew that his distress was because of the Horcrux which he wore around his neck most of the time. Hermione tried to calm him and tell him but he was always unreasonable and untamable when he got angry. His rage had tampered his mind and he accused Hermione of spending time with Harry and ignoring him because she had feelings for Harry. He took his things and left them without seconds delay. Hermione tried to stop him and tell him that he has misunderstood things, but he didn't listen and apparated out of there. Hermione didn't say much since then. Harry tried, but didn't know what exactly to say to her. In other situation, he would have cheered her up by now, but he was burdened with much greater things which Dumbledore had left him to accomplish. They spoke only when they found something in the books about Horcruxes.

Harry turned and began setting up their tent. When he finished, he went inside and pulled on another jacket. He grabbed a blanket and came out. Hermione had just finished and was now coming towards him. She really didn't feel like talking but it was Harry. She knew he was going through a lot. A lot more than her. She stooped and looked at him.
'I will take the whole watch tonight, you take some rest.' Harry said, fixing his glasses.

'No harry, I will take it tonight.' She said, taking blanket from him. 'I want to finish this book. I think I'm close to finding something. I won't be able to sleep till I finish it. So I might as well take the watch. You get some sleep. You really need it.' She said as she gave him a weak smile.

Harry didn't argue with her. He knew she hadn't slept since that night either. But he also knew that it was impossible to dissuade her from reading. She was not going to back down without finishing that book.

'Okay mione.' He nodded.

She began to turn away but Harry grabbed her arm and stopped her. He went and pulled over the locket above her head. Hermione felt as if someone had just lifted five pounds of weight hanging around her neck. Harry took the locket and began walking towards the tent.

'Good night.'

'Good night Harry.'

She looked and found nearby tree where the snow was minimum. She brushed off some of it and laid a blanket on the ground. She opened the page of the book she was reading previously; Secrets of the Darkest Art. She had already finished reading "Tales of Beedle the Bard'"almost dozen times but didn't find anything. She thought may be it was time to explore more and took out other book. She had already finished this book too and still had not found any lead while rereading it. She had lied to Harry about it. But she had no other reason to give him which would let him leave her alone without any discussion. The real reason she had had not any sleep was Ron. But she didn't want to mention that. Any Mention of Ron would have made things difficult again. They both had managed not to discuss what had happened.