12. HAMARTIA

A tragic or fatal flaw.

A vicious scream echoed in the Malfoy manor, when Harry Potter and his friends escaped with the help of an elf. Draco let out a breath he didn't know he was holding when the group vanished. Furious Bellatrix was ramping across the hall, insulting Lucius for letting a school boy petrify him. 

"Pathetic, you are a shame to Malfoy name."
"Bella", Narcissa yelled.
"How dare you?" Lucius lashed out.
"Oh shut up you two." Bellatrix spat," "Harry Potter has just escaped under your roof, not mine. Dark lord is on his way, courtesy of Lucius here." 

Everyones faces fell at the mention of Dark Lord. It was true, Lucius had called him, when Voldemort had strictly told them all, not to disturb and waste his time unnecessarily. Voldemort was already pissed with the Malfoys. Lucius was restless. His face went pale and he looked like a sick man with some fatal disease. Narcissa couldn't stop her self from comforting Lucius. Just when Narcissa tried to touch him, Lucius pushed her away angrily.

"Get away from me, you filthy wom-" but before he could finish his sentence, an iron strong fist collided with his jaw and next second he was on the floor. Lucius looked up to see who hit him, he was shocked and in disbelief when he saw Draco, with so much hate and rage dripping from his eyes. Lucius covered his face to cough and something fell into his palm with blood.  He opened it and saw a broken tooth. 

Looking down on him menacingly,  Draco spoke," That's the last time you've laid hand on my mother, next time you try to somewhat even threaten her, it won't just be a tooth that will be broken." Lucius was mortified, being slapped by his own son, his blood, his heir. He stood up, looked Draco in the eye and went straight for his wand, Draco caught his actions quickly and did the same. 

And there they stood pointing wands at each other, ready to fire curse any second.  The two Malfoy men. Wizards of purest magical blood. Father and son. Right in the middle of the great hall of ancient Malfoy manor, which bred the generations with notions of purity and hate. Naricssa couldn't bare standing there, watching his husband and son attempting to kill each other, so she leapt in between them. "Stop. Please. I beg of you, stop this instance." 

And now there were three of them, one who wanted to protect his family legacy, the other who wanted to protect the one he loves and the other who just wanted to protect her family. Naricssa looked at Draco, and he lowered his wand. Lucius reluctantly did the same. 

"There must be something we can do, Bella!" Narcissa pleaded to Bellatrix. 

"Yes, Cissy."

"What is it?"

"We still have the mudblood at hideout." She smirked, "I'm sure the Order will come to save her. I'll go speak with the Dark Lord before he comes here." And Bellatrix disapparated. What does it mean? Which hideout though? There were plenty of hideouts made by top death eaters whose locations were unknown. She could be any where. Draco was thinking when Lucius stood in front of him, his jaw clenched, "Get out of my house. NOW", he roared. But Draco didn't move, his gaze was fixated on him.

"Lucius what are you doing? He is our son-" Narcissa was on verge on crying.

"He is no son of mine. I don't want his presence in my house." Lucius snarled. 

"Lucius you don't mean that, you-"

"Yes I do. He has done nothing but to fail me. We are in this mess because you couldn't kill off Dumbledor. It was you who couldn't fight tonight." Lucius began rambling the list of Draco's failures.
It was so easy for him to blame him for everything. But Draco was alright with it. He knew what kind of an his father was. How he raised him, to serve as his tool. "I want him out. At this moment, I declare, that I, Lucius Malfoy,  disown my only son, Draco."