6. THE DARK KNIGHT

The Dark knight is good of heart, but cunning, manipulative and pragmatic.

The war had begun. Voldemort had already invaded Hogwarts and took charge of Ministry of magic. Under Voldemort's dominion, Pius Thicknesse became new Minister of Magic. Voldemort soon gained control to wizengamott and Gringotts and employed his death eaters there. Draco had reluctantly joined missions to invade Ministry Of Magic and other.

Draco assisted other death eaters on many missions. Most of them now a days included chasing the scattered members of order and of course muggleborns. Voldemort wanted to destroy Order and Dumbledor's Army completely. He ordered his death eaters to keep finding tracks of them and crush them the moment they found Order or DA members.

Draco witnessed his father kill so many people on these missions. His uncle and aunt, the Lestranges were the cruelest of them all. He was really getting sick and losing his mind on these missions. So much cruelty and hate. He never had seen anything like this. This is not what he wanted to be a part of. Not at all. Spilling so much innocent blood, and for what? Just to prove that one blood is purer and better than other.? But it was just a blood. It was same when it spilled from anyone. There wasn't any difference.
Draco's mind was going through lot of cross thoughts whenever he joined and returned from any mission. Was it all worth it? All deaths, were they worth to prove that magic bearing blood was better and purer than those whose doesn't? But was it still pure? Wasn't it now tainted?

* * * * *

One day Rodolphus Lestrange received a tip on Order's next rendezvous.

Order was going to save some of the blood traitors and mudbloods who wanted to join the order and were in hiding. The news was that some of the top members were going to be on this mission. The location in the tip was Hogsmade. Voldemort decided to send group of death eaters to look after the matter but this time they were told to capture the order members along with muggleborns. He wanted to cut the root and steam of the order and DA and for that he needed to keep order members as hostages.

This time the death eaters were grouped in pairs. For the first time they were strictly ordered not to use any killing curse because Voldemort needed them alive. As many as possible. There were ten pairs in total including Lucius, Bellatrix, Carrow siblings and other top ranked death eaters along with new appointed death eaters. Much to Draco's dislike, he was paired with Rodolphus.

* * * * *

When Draco arrived at the scene, it was already chaos. Order members were engaged in fight with death eaters. There were shouting and sparks from various wands was flowing in the air. Some hitting the wizards, knocking them away and some were destroying the surroundings, making mess everywhere. Draco dodge the blue spark just by inches and hid himself behind the wall. He turned around and saw the blasting spell had hit a boy. Draco looked around and saw who casted the spell. It was Fenrir Greyback.

"You fool, you could have got me!" Draco spat.

"Then don't get in the way" Fenrir said with his eyes steady on Draco. Draco flinched a little under his sight. Fenrir was much dangerous when in battle.

Draco looked at the boy as Fenrir began to pull him away by his jacket. The boy looked around fourteen. He was wearing a red and golden scarf. Stupid Gryffindor he thought. Why can't they just stay away from trouble. He pitied the boy and went the other way.

He heard a crying and shouting of mixed voices in the alley and he stopped. He slowly peeked inside and saw the scene which made his blood boil.

"Daddy... Daddy... NOOOO" Rodolphus Lestrange was pulling a small girl with her hair away from his father's hold. She was crying and screaming as Rodolphus slammed her against the wall. The girl's father and mother was captivated by binding spell.