f i v e

it had been five days, and joji still hadn't said anything to ian. of course they spoke like always, but joji never told ian what he needed to. max didn't pressure him either. which george was very grateful for.
max just mentioned it a few times, and went along with his day. they kept speaking about deeper shit every once and a while, which george enjoyed quite a bit.
he missed having a friend like that to talk to. just talking shit, and wondering about life. it was nice not being alone for once.
nothing seemed to go well for george though. every time he started to tell ian, he backed out of it and came up with something random. it made his heart skip a few beats, and certainly confused ian at times. it left ian wondering 'what is this cunt trying to tell me?'.
joji tried unraveling his mind, and his anxiety. he tried to understand why he was like this, and how he would tell ian. what words he would say, how he would say it..
he even thought about writing a script, but thought that would be overdoing it. that also earned a few laughs from max, since his advice was 'just go for it!'. but joji couldn't do that.
"soooo...what do you think i should say if you're such a genius?" joji asked the beaming max. "just say 'hi ian, just wanted to say that i'm gay as fuck, and i'm in love with you ever since we fucked when you were drunk one night. that happened, really, ask max.' and then like run away." max laughed at his own words. so did joji, because that was kind of funny. "there's no way in hell i'd do that." joji paused. "there's no way in hell i'd ever have the balls for that." he laughed.
"true, true, mate." max said smiling again. max was very happy today, and joji noticed. "why are you so happy go lucky today?" joji said. max shrugged and just replied "i don't know man. i feel like i'm closer to you, and that's kind of good. it's nice having friends. especially one like you. and i just can't wait for ian to love you back." joji let out a 'pft' sound, and said "if he ever loves me back."
"i'm sure he will. don't give up hope yet, mate." max chuckled. reassurance is definitely what joji needed. and he was thankful for it.

.

ian fumbled with his fingers for quite a while. he had nothing else to do, except wait.

what was he waiting for? well, you see, he didn't exactly know. he was bored as fuck, and needed something to do.
there was one thing that was bothering him, though. and that was the fact that joji wasn't speaking to him as much. 'joji is always running alongside the australian fucktard' ian thought to himself. it bothered him a lot more than he wanted it to. joji had always been by his side. not max's.
he just wanted to have a good laugh again. and joji always seemed to give him just that. but now it was different.
yeah, they were in the same house together, but it was still different in some way. ian could practically taste the difference. if that makes sense.
he could never put his finger on it, though. but it still bothered him. no, not bothered, more like..pissed him off.
how could joji just stop talking to him like usual? it wasn't like joji. at all. 'what is up with him?' ian thought.