Picking Up

Karkat's p.o.v.:

I rode Dave's car to Dairy Queen where Terezi works. I parked the car and walked in to see her coming to the door as I was walking in. She had her hands behind her back, untying her apron and taking off her hat.

She faced up at me as I looked down at her. "Karkat? What are you doing here?"

I backed up a little, the small space between us making my face heat up a little in embarrassment. "I need your help."

------

"So, let me get this right..." She said, her elbows resting on her knees as we both sat on the curb of Dairy Queen, our eyes set on Dave's car's headlights that stared straight back at us. "Dave got... Electrocuted? And you took his car?"

"Don't fucking put it like that." I snapped. I chewed at my bottem lip as I looked away. "I just can't imagine him driving himself around like an idiot, and what if a relative of his picked him up in their car? He has my contact to tell me where to put his car."

Terezi shrugged. "Yeah, I guess that does sound reasonable. But how unstable his condition?"

"I talked to the doctors and they told me that his injuries aren't severe, and that his internal organs are still functioning fine."

"Then why are you so worried about him driving! If there is one thing I know about Dave, it's that he can be very set on how to take care of himself."

I smirked and shook my head. "And that you got a massive fucking crush on the guy."

Terezi gasped and punched my shoulder, making me hiss. "Fuck you! I do not!"

"Well, I don't think I can go home with this car, Kankri will have my head on a fucking stake." I stood up and helped Terezi stand up too. Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I sheeply looked down and smiled. "Can I... Crash at your place?"

"You are a real suck-up Karkles. But sure." Terezi walked around Dave's car and walked down the parking lot to hers. She unlocked her Toyoda's door and called out to me, "Follow me and I will lead you there."

"Thanks, Terezi." I said mostly to myself as I got into Dave's car and backed out of my parking spot and to Terezi's house.

While I was there, me and her mostly just watched detective movies and I made her watch some romcoms. We both absolutely freaked out when we found a detective movie that was also a romcom. Her sister was pretty cool, but Latula talked way too fucking much, and we eventually kicked her out.

I slept on her couch with the AC blowing my bangs and her occasionally spooking me and either tickling my stomach or licking my face, making me yell at her. It was just like the good ole' days where we would always visit each other's hives when we were 6 solar sweeps old.

------

In the morning, I woke up to my phone buzzing. I looked at the time to see it was 12:00 and my eyes widened. Damn, I stayed here a while. Under the clock I saw two messges.

I opened them up to see a message from Kankri asking why I didn't come home. I shrugged off that message and looked at a new contact that texted me.

turntechGodhead began pestering carcinoGeneticist

TG: hey

TG: its dave

TG: i dont have a ride so can you pick me up or whatever

CG: YEP

CG: DONT MOVE A FUCKING INCH, IM GONNA BE THERE FASTER THAN YOU CAN SAY 'KARKATS AMAZING'

TG: oh

TG: sorry to be the bearer of bad news

TG: but i am not gonna say any epithet for ya because you have my son

CG: YOUR... SON?

TG: my baby

TG: my pride and joy

TG: you have my car and you didnt ask my permission to drive it

TG: you just finessed my keys out of my pocket while my ass was unconscious

TG: like fuckin cypher betraying morpheus

CG: YOURE A FAN OF THE MATRIX?

TG: i got my hobbies, and you got yours

TG:  at least i like other movies besides magic mike

CG: NEVER HEARD OF THIS MIKE.

TG: you should give it a watch

TG: its about a sacred form of dance that humans sometimes do and this movie teaches you valuable life lessons and how to overcome your greatest goals

TG: changed my life

CG: OKAY I'LL WATCH IT

TG: but first you gotta pick me up

turntechGodhead ceased pestering carcinoGeneticist