Chapter 9 - Im Not Jealous!

Chapter 9 - I'm Not Jealous!

"Wait up Evie!" Amanda shouted from behind me. She was running up to catch up to me, I slowed down and stopped by my locker.

"What?" I asked slightly annoyed. I wasn't annoyed at her, I was annoyed because I hadn't had the best sleep yesterday, after nursing Chase I just couldn't get to sleep and I don't know why.

"What's up your butt?" She questioned and I sensed she got slightly offended by my tone.

"Sorry, I just didn't get the best of sleep last night" I explained as I opened my locker.

"Well anyway, guess who I saw talking to your beloved Chase"

I sighed " he's not my beloved and I really don't have ti-"

"It's Gretchen" she interrupted me.

"So?"

"So, she's stealing your man, you know she's a big whore, she gets with everyone guy she lays eyes on"

"Why are you telling me this? It's not like I care if they get together" I lied, I knew I would be upset, even though she's just a slut, I still would feel hurt if she got him and I didn't.

"Oh come one, I know you better than I know anyone, and I know you like him!" My sister persisted.

"I. Do. Not. Like. Him!" I paused between each word so she would understand, even though I was lying.

"Ok well here they come now" she announced. I spun to face where she was looking and I could honestly say I felt sick. The whore had her arms wrapped around him waist and she was holding onto him like he would slip out of her hands. Chase didn't really looked too happy like she did, she was practically waving and smiling to everyone as if she was showing him off.

"Still say your not jealous?" My sisters question interrupted me from my thoughts.

"I am not jealous!" I shout and slam my locker and walk off to my next class.

~~~~~~~~

"Hey are you ok?" A boys voice asked. I was sitting in the cafeteria eating alone because I didn't feel like sitting with anyone.

I turned to face the boy and was met by Brent's eyes.

Brent is one of the guys on the football team, he's also one of Scottie's mates.

"Hey Brent, I've been better" I said causally shrugging. He smiled and sat beside me. "Why are you sitting alone?"

"Amanda's still in class talking to Mr Hogan and Scottie's not at school today, so here I am" was my clever response.

"What about your new pal that Scottie told me about...Chad?"

"It's Chase, and I don't know he's around here somewhere" I muttered, I didn't really feel like speaking about Chase so I quickly changed the subject. "How's football?"

"Really? Your asking me about football? He chuckled. "Well I'm

Trying to make conversation" I reply feeling slightly embarrassed.

"How about I make a conversation, would you like to go out with this Friday night?"

I looked up from my salad and connected eyes with him, I was shocked and I thought I didn't hear him correctly, did he ask me out?!

"Umm..why do you wanna go out?" I couldn't think of anything better to say. I felt him slightly fidgeting with his fingers and I sensed her was nervous, since when did Brent Haines get nervous?

"I just..umm.. Because I..uh..I like you" he stammered but finally spoke. I was shocked at his confession. "Since when?" I asked startled.

"Well for a while now, I just never built up the courage to ask you"

I thought about it for a while and processed everything he has said, it came as a shock but I was considering it.

"Ok Friday it is" I finally spoke and he smiled the widest smile. "Great! Well I'll call you, oh wait I don't have your-" I interrupted him by pulling his hand and writing my digits on the palm of his hand.

"Thanks" he smiled and stood up and walked away. A few minutes later Amanda showed up and joined me. "How was staying back with Mr Hogan?" I questioned laughing.

"Shut up! You know I had to ask him about those questions on our test"

"He's not going to give you the answers you know"

"I know that you goose!"

The rest of the school day went by in a hazy blur, I told Amanda about Brent asking me out and she was just as shocked as I was.

She asked what about Chase and I told her that there is nothing going on between us and it was the truth!

We finally got home and my dad was home. I ran up to him like usual and hugged him tight. "Daddy!" I squealed like a little spoilt princess.

"Hey kiddo!" He chuckled and hugged me back. "You guys are weird" my sister muttered under her breath but we both heard it.

"Aw come on Manda-Bear, where's my hug?" Daddy opened his arms for her. She smiled and hugged him.

"Where's Chase?" My dad asked and I suddenly remembered we didn't give him a ride back, he usually rides with us.

"Oh crap! We left without him" Amanda said. "Should we go back and look at school?" I asked.

"I'll just call him and see where he is" my dad stated. I forgot that my dad had his number, silly me.

My dad spoke to Chase and after a few moments he hung up. "Sorry kids he said he got a ride with a friend and he said they went to eat dinner and she will bring him back when there finished" my dad explained. Amanda gave me a look and I knew she knew what I was thinking.

I stomped up the stairs and made my way to my room. I sighed and laid on my bed bored with my life. There was a knock on my door. "Come in" I yelled. My the door opened and my dad stood at the door. "You ok buttercup? You looked a little upset" my dad asked concerned. "I'm ok, just bored" I laughed a little to let him know I was ok.

"Well than cheer up sweetie, I don't have work tonight and I was thinking of taking you and Amanda out for dinner tonight, what do you say?" My dad asked smiling. "Thanks daddy, I'd love that" I returned the smile.

"Ok get ready and I'll go tell Amanda" he said before exiting my room.