Chapter 3 - nightmare

After our dad made us dinner, we were all feeling very tired so we decided to get some rest. Amanda wanted to sleep in my room tonight, sometime we sleep in each other's room because we get sick of our own.

"We're not seriously gonna sleep now, are we?" She asks sitting down on my couch.

"No, we can watch a movie if you want?" I suggested. I had just come out of the shower so I was still in my bathrobe.

"Yeah, let's watch a scary movie"

"Ugh, you know I hate scary movies"

"You don't hate scary movies, you get scared of scary movies" she said. She knows me too well.

"Ok fine, put house of wax, I like that one" I said. She stood up and walked to my cabinet which has all my movies in.

She found the DVD and put it in the DVD player and jumped onto my bed.

"No popcorn?" I question. "What am I your fucking maid?" She asked raising a brow. I just laughed and stood up and quickly went downstairs to make some popcorn. "Hey sweetie, having another movie night?" My dad startled me as he came in the kitchen.

"Gosh, dad, you scared me" I placed a hand over my heart which was pounding hard. Gosh, I am such a chicken.

"Sorry buttercup" he kissed my forehead.

"It's ok, and yes, Amanda wants to watch a scary movie, but I'm scared" I used my baby voice and pouted.

"Awwww is my wittle baby afwaid" my dad mocked my baby voice.

"Dad!" I slapped his chest which made him laugh.

"Ok popcorn is ready, goodnight daddy" I kissed him on the cheek and ran upstairs quickly to my room.

We watched the movie and before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

Chase's POV

I was in my room finally getting some sleep, when I kept hearing grunting coming from one of the girls rooms. I ignored the sounds and tried to get back to sleep, but I heard it again. This time it was louder and I heard her voice. I think it belongs to Evie. I quickly got out of my bed and walked over to her door. Should I knock? Maybe she's sleeping? But why would she be grunting and moaning if she was asleep? Plus she wouldn't have a boy over her dad's room is right next door from hers. I pushed aside all those thoughts and opened the door. There she was sleeping, but she kept mumbling words and waving her arms around, grunting and tossing and turning. Until she screamed very loudly. "Evie, Evie, wake up, it's just a dream" I patted her trying to wake her. She finally opened her eyelids which had tears in them. I felt so bad for her, she's trembling, she saw me and just hugged me tight. "It's ok Evie, your ok, it was just a bad dream that's all" I tried comforting her.

"What happened? Evie are you alright?" Her dad walked in and ran to her side and hugged her. "I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to walk in, but I heard her scream and I thought something happened" I explained. "It's ok, don't apologise, this always happens" he said.

"What happened?" I heard Amanda behind us at the door.

"Evie had another nightmare that's all" her dad replied. "I thought you were sleeping with her tonight" he added. "I was but then I got uncomfortable so I snuck back into my room, sorry"

"It's ok" he said still holding onto Evie. "Are you ok?" I asked her. She looked so frightened and white as a ghost.

"Yeah, thanks" she managed to say. "Let's get you back into bed sweetie, you need to rest" Rodger said.

"Ok" she nodded and laid back down.

"I'll go make you some hot chocolate, it'll make you feel better" he said before walking out.

"Sorry for waking you up" her voice came out rather low. "Don't be, I wasn't getting much sleep anyway" I smiled which made her smile a little.

I took her small hand in mine and gently rubbed it. "Are you ok?" I asked her. She looked into my eyes abit longer before answering "yeah, thanks" she broke her gaze from mine and I realised her dad was at the door. I quickly let go of her hand and went back to my room to try to get some sleep, but my mind kept on wandering to Evie. I wonder why she always has nightmares, I hated seeing her like that, I don't even know her, but I feel that she needs protecting, and I will be there to protect her.