Chapter 7 - Not Again

We decided to just go to the motel because if Chase went to the service station, knowing my luck they will be closed. So now here we are in a room with two beds of course, and we have a movie playing. It's not that great of a place but hey, Chase lights up the room.

"You ok?" He asked quietly. "Yeah" my voice came out quiet too. We were watching step up the first one and I like the ballet in it.

"Don't those leotards look so uncomfy" Chase asked and I giggled. "Not really".

"How's your head feeling?" He turned and asked. "Better than before, I had some pain killers in my bag so I took some"

"Ok" he smiled and kept his gaze on me. "Your really beautiful Evie" he made me blush, he's too nice.
I just smiled and turned back to face the TV. I could feel his eyes on me the whole time though.

Finally the movie finished and I was sooooooo tired, it was nearly 4am and I just wanted to sleep.
Chase helped me into one of the beds, I didn't really feel comfortable because I'm used to my bed, but I was so tired that I drifted to sleep right away.

Chase's POV

She looks so beautiful even when she's sleeping, her beautiful blonde hair is flowing down from her head, her beautiful juicy lips, I'm really into her.

I decided to get some rest since it's so late, I don't want to wake up too late tomorrow because her dad would probably be worried sick and send out the whole police to look for her. I decided to text him to let him know she's ok, even though it's nearly 4:30 in the morning.

'Sheriff it's Chase, I'm with Evie at a motel, we had a flat tire and Evie was really tired so we just pulled in for the night, I know it's late to message but I thought I should let you know, we will be back tomorrow morning, Chase'

One minute later I received a text from her dad.

'Its ok, I trust you will keep your hands off her, take care of her and have her back by the morning'

'Of course sir'

I was feeling exhausted so I hoped into the other bed and got under the blankets. I was about to fall asleep when I heard Evie scream. I quickly got out of my bed and ran to her bed. She was breathing heavily and moving her arms around. "Evie, wake up, it's ok, I'm here, wake up"
She opened her eyelids and tears were falling down her cheeks already. "It's ok Evie, your ok, just another nightmare"

"I'm sorry" she apologised. I gave her a hug and she wrapped her arms around me like she didn't want to let go. "I hate when this happens" she sobbed. "Hey look at me" I lifted up her chin so her eyes met with mine. "Don't worry about it, the main thing is your ok, it was just a bad dream, it's not real".

"Why are you so nice to me?" She asked. "Because your nice to me, you and your sister, and even your dad, your all pretty much my family, your all I've got" I felt pretty empty knowing that I don't have a real family, but being with Evie's family feels just like a real family. Evie is a really special girl, she's so beautiful and has such a great personality.

"I'm sorry that you've lost a lot of people who are close to you, that sucks a lot, but it just makes you a stronger person in the long run, because the only person you can depend on in the world is yourself"

"Thank you Evie, your an amazing girl, I'm so happy that I met someone like you" I said and she smiled.

"Want to try to get back to sleep?" I asked. "Yeah....but...can you um..maybe sleep beside me?" She asked shyly. I smiled and said "of course I can". She smiled and laid into her bed and I got in under the covers with her. I could feel her skin against mine. She felt so soft and smooth. We kept looking into each other's eyes before she fell asleep.

~~~~~~

"Daddy!" She ran up to her dad once we were back at her house.
"Hey buttercup, are you ok? I missed you! What happened?" He asked.

She explained everything that happened. "So you had another nightmare?"

"Yeah, but Chase woke me up and took good care of me, he didn't even sleep much because he was making sure I was ok, he was a perfect gentleman" she smiled looking at me.

"I'm glad I can trust you to take care of my little girl, your a good kid Chase" her dad told me.

"Of course Sir, your daughter is also a good kid, she's actually perfect" I say but my eyes are locked on hers.
She blushed and smiled.

"Ok well, I'm going out today with some friends from work" he says walking towards the front door.

"Go dad, you deserve a break" Evie smiled.
"Thanks buttercup" he kissed her forehead before leaving.

~~~~~~~
Evie's POV

The afternoon came rolling by rather quickly, after my dad left, me Chase and Amanda left to go get some ice-cream.

Now were all sitting in the living room about to watch a movie. I had made popcorn and prepared some snacks and drinks for our movie.

"Sorry girls, I just got a text from a friend, I need to go take care of something" Chase stood up from the couch.

"Oh ok, do you need us to take you anywhere" I offer but he shook his head. "No thanks, I'll walk".

After he left me and my sister decided to watch the rest of the movie. It was a really funny movie we were laughing our asses off.

The movie came to an end and we were still bored so we decided to watch another movie. Half way through that movie the house phone rang. "I'll get it" I said and got up and walked to the kitchen were our house phone is.

"Hello?" I answered. "Evie" someone's voice answered, but whoever it was sounded hurt and in pain. "Who is this?" I asked. "It's Chase" he managed to say.

"Chase, what's wrong? Are you ok?!"
"Can you please come pick me up from the corner of that park on Pole street" he sounded like he was in a lot of pain.

"I'll be right there, hold on" I said then hung up. I ran out to the front of the house and I heard Amanda call me. "Where are you going? Who was on the phone?"

"I gotta go, I'll be back soon" I said as I got in my car. I pulled out of my driveway. It was already dark now so I put my headlights on and began driving towards the park, all that was on my mind was that chase would be ok when I got to him.