Chapter 11 -Flu Flu Go Away Come Again Another Day

Chapter 11 - Flu Flu Go Away Come Again Another Day

Chase's POV

It was 11:10pm when I heard the front door open. I knew it was Evie, she's probably back from her date with that Brent guy. While she was gone I spent my time hanging with Amanda and Rodger, we watched a movie in the living room, we actually had fun. Amanda is not like Evie, she's more loud and outspoken and I admire her for that, but no one compares to Evie, not even her own sister. Evie has really grown onto me, she's very sweet and caring and I feel like she doesn't judge me even after knowing everything, I can trust her.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I heard her voice call from downstairs. Amanda was out with Scottie and Rodger got called in for work, so it was only me.

I went downstairs and saw her sitting on the couch with her head in her hands.

"Are you ok?" I asked startling her.

"Oh my god! You scared me!" She held her hand against her heart.

"I'm sorry" I whispered walking closer to her.

"How was your date?" I managed to say. She looked so beautiful tonight and I couldn't help but feel jealous that she was out with that Brent guy instead of me, I mean what does he have that I don't.

"It was fun" was all she said. "Did he touch you?" I regretted saying those words, what an idiot I am.

"No, just an ordinary kiss on the cheek" she answered. I sat down beside her but she stood up. "I'm sorry I'm really tired, I'll see you in the morning, goodnight" and with that she made her way upstairs and until I heard her door close.

~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning and shot out of bed, I quickly walked to my bathroom and decided to take a warm shower. 10 minutes later I got out and began dressing myself. I kept hearing sniffling and sneezing coming from Evie's room. I continued getting dresses wearing a simple white shirt and black Nike shorts. I walked out of my room and as I passed Evie's room I heard it again, she was sneezing. I knocked on her door to check if she was ok. "Come in" she yelled.

I walked in and saw her in bed looking very sick. Her hair was all messy and her nose was red from blowing her nose and she had like a thousand tissues on her bed.

"Are you ok?" I walked closer and sat by her on her bed. "You better keep your distance, you don't wanna get sick" she coughed. "I don't care!"

"Let me get you some medicine" I said and rushed into her bathroom where I knew she kept all her medicines. I brought her some cold and flu tablets and water. "Here you go" I handed them to her and she smiled and took them. "Thanks"

"I'll go make you some chicken soup, should make you feel better" I smile to her before I turned and left the room.

Evie's POV

He's being so sweet, I really don't think I could avoid him much longer, I don't see him hanging out with the whore anyway, so maybe I just overreacted and read things the wrong way, maybe they were just friends.

He came back shortly afterwards with a tray and on it was a delicious looking steamy soup and a toasted slice of toast with a green tea on the side.

"Awww your so sweet, you did all this?" I questioned smiling. He blushed and nodded, gosh I felt like attacking his face right now, but sadly I'm sick, and even if I wasn't I wouldn't do that because I know he doesn't like me.

"The tea has honey in it, it's supposed to be good for the flu's" he stated. I smiled.

"I hope you feel better soon bab- Evie"

Was he going to call me 'babe'?

I wish, I would of blushed so badly though.

"Thanks a lot Chase, it's really nice of you"

"Anything for you"

I was in bed the whole day, I was still feeling sick but less sick thanks to Chase who made me a delicious breakfast and gave me medicine.

I was laying in bed watching mean girls when my phone vibrated. I picked it up and saw I received a message. Eagerly I opened it and saw it was a text from Brent.

'Hey gorgeous, how r u?

I just wanted to tell u once again I had such a great night with u, hope we can hang again soon, xo B'

I smiled and began typing my reply.

'Hey :) I had heaps of fun too,

Unfortunately I am sick today with the flu so I am stuck in bed all day :( E'

I got a reply nearly a minute after I sent mine.

'Oh you poor baby, I'll come visit you tonight, I hope you feel better mwa B'

Before I could reply a loud knock came from my bedroom door. "Come in"

My sister walked in and she had one of those face masks so she doesn't catch what I have.

"Really?" I asked pointing to the mask.

"What? I don't wanna get sick, I have a date tonight?" She announced. She looked really excited and I was happy for her.

"Who?" I demanded an answer. "Scottie" she replied excitedly.

"What? Since when were you an Scottie romantically interested in each other" I asked confused.

"Well" she sat on my bed and continued "we've been getting closer to each other and he just asked me out and at first I was shocked but then I realised I do kinda like him, so now how we are"

I was happy for her, I just never knew Scottie had a thing for my sister, and of course I know he wouldn't dare to hurt my sister, since he's very protective of us both, he's a really good guy and he cares for us, so I'm very happy for her.

"I'm happy for you Amanda" I smiled and hug her. "Thanks" she smiled back. "I hope you work things out with Chase, you know Brent isn't the guy for you"

She stood up and walked out of my room leaving me completely speechless.